Original topic:

My Fold 3 developed stress fractures and stopped working!

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 09:01 AM)
userQyrYwl5zqf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I was so excited to see Samsung released the new Fold 3.  I've always wanted to purchase the fold but I had concerns about the functionality and durability.  So imagine my excitement when the new fold came out with a larger outside screen and water protection.  After doing some research online I decided to pre-order the new fold 3 on 8/20/21.  After delays and a replacement of my original order  with another color my fold finally arrived.  I loved it and all was going fine until yesterday around 1 pm.  Keep in mind I ordered the fold 3 with the Samsung leather case for extra added protection.  I pulled the phone out of my pocket and unfold it as I've done before but I notice a small white crease under the screen.  I examined it but then notice that the crease is getting bigger and going down the fold crease.  after a few minutes the screen stopped working.  I figured that this was a bad panel and would just get a new one via my Samsung care plus account.   It's now devolved into me having to print sign and upload an affidavit, a photo id and I have to send Samsung a copy of my purchase order.  Why?  I purchased it from them.  They have it!  Now they are trying to tell me that the phone was damaged.  I have never treated any other phone with more care in my life.  I've been a life time Samsung supporter.  I've purchased and been very happy with all my previous Samsung devices.  This is my first major issue. Samsung needs to make this right!

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

I can certainly understand your frustrations. Unfortunately physical and liquid damages are not covered under the Samsung limited warranty, once this determination has been made by the service center it cannot be reversed. If you have a Care+ membership you should be able to speak with them regarding physical damages and they should be able to offer other options for you. You can find out more by calling 1-800-726-7864 or you can use the support resources found here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/samsung-care-plus/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
thomas_christy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I hope your problem is resolved & everything is going well now

0 Likes
userQyrYwl5zqf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I was able to convince Asurion that this was a malfunction and not physical damage. The problem now is that the phone is on back order. I've been waiting since 9/15 😩😒🙄😌
0 Likes