Original topic:

My big fingers and the cover screen keyboard (zfold3)

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 02:19 PM)
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I must admit, using the front ( cover ) screen to type is a little challenging because of the size of my fingers and the size of the screen.
In order to make it workable for quick responses, I had to make some settings adjustments.

My cover screen Keyboard settings ( zfold3)

Under settings I enabled, Predictive text , auto replace and auto spell check. There are additional settings under typing option that I also found to be helpful, example: auto capitalize, double tap space bar to add period and text shortcuts example: type the word website and it will give the option to input the actual website information, www.yourwebsite.com

Now this option/ feature really makes a difference

Under swipe, touch and feedback settings

* Set touch and hold space bar to voice input.

Now I rarely type on the cover screen, I dictate and it converts into text format.

For responses that require more than a quick response I open the fold where the keyboard is bigger and have more options.

Cheers 
6 Replies
mrsrt09
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
You probably already know this but there are keyboard apps on Playstore for people with large fingers. The speech to text does work great until you come across a word that it doesn't understand and keeps spelling incorrectly.
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks for sharing.. cheers
0 Likes
maxnuckles
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
How do you find out if a number has been changed in your contacts
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I don't know actually.... I would love to know as well, so I look into it...
Options
Galaxy Fold
I just go with the landscape mode keyboard can't always see what you are typing but it's a work around. Mostly only use cover to change my music thought
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Not being able to see, made me stop using landscape mode. Just for fun I am responding in landscape mode 😂 cheers

0 Likes