Original topic:

Need Edge Lighting/Notification Help

(Topic created: 10-02-2021 08:59 PM)
JCizzle93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I need help figuring out how to set the edge lighting to only show when the screen is off (NOT having the screen turn on, just the edge light goes on). I do not want the edge lighting or any notification pop-up while the screen is on but i still want the notification to show in my notification panel with the preview. I had no issue with this on my Note 9, now it seems like there's less options in the settings and I can't get this to work the way I would prefer. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
MomObug3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have no clue, but this is something I too would like an answer to. I set edglighting up yesterday and have no clue where I found it. I need help locating this feature so I can turn it off. In just 15 hours it has already became annoying because it won't stop flashing with my screen on.
0 Likes
JCizzle93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
It's terrible how little customization we have as the products get newer. There's no reason why my phone from 3 years ago should have more options than a brand new device
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
It's in the Notifications Settings. There you can go into the Brief Pop-up settings and then Edge Lighting and turn it off from there. Whenever you're trying to find something in your Settings menu, you can press the search icon and type in what you're looking for.
0 Likes
ZeusD
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
You have to know how to set it up. It's still there, just in another place. I have mine set up the exact way you are speaking of
0 Likes
JCizzle93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Can you walk me through it than? I love the edge lighting but hate having it on while im using the phone. I only want it while the screen is off and i dont want the screen to actually turn on, just the edges.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hi,

Please go into Settings > Notifications > Change the notification pop-up to Brief > Select your Included Apps > Select Brief Pop-up Settings > Edge Lighting (set that to your liking) > Toggle Show Even While Screen Is Off and you're done.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button by pressing the three dots on the comment.
0 Likes
JCizzle93
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
That's not the issue. I want the edge lighting while the phone is off only but it doesn't work without allowing the notification to be visible as a pop-up while the screen is on which i do not want. While the screen is off, It just turns my screen on without the edge lighting.
userSc7qRPQdXB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I just upgraded from an S7 to an S21. I really miss my notification light flashing when I get a notification. Or even a light showing that my phone is charging!

The Edge lighting is fine, I just wish Samsung gave you the option of it continuously flashing (or at least illuminating) until you manually clear the notification. Right now, my phone is just a black screen and I have no way of knowing that I have a notification (or if my phone is charging) unless I wake the phone up. 

0 Likes