JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New ZFold 4 Will not enable WiFi calling

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 09:46 AM)
georgiehopper
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Samsung Z Fold 4 suddenly stopped enabling WIFI calling.  The Samsung folks said have my carrier (ATT) replace SIM card.  They replaced SIM card and the problem is still there.  So they told me it's a bug with the phone and Samsung needs to update software.

So when I am in an area with no cell phone service such as my house, I am unable to send text messages using my wifi service. 
Anyone know how to fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mlblack16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Everyone, this is definitely an ATT problem and likely just with Samsung devices. Check out this discussion that's getting tons of responses with everyone saying nothing fixes the issue.

https://forums.att.com/conversations/more-att-prepaid-discussions/wifi-calling-not-working-suddenly/...

View solution in context

20 Replies
Fn2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Same issue with my ATT Fold 4.  I called ATT Tech support and verify my account is enabled for Wifi Calling.  Had my phone reset network settings; ATT reset their network settings.  Same issue.  I have an iPhone onthe same account and home network and I am able to turn Off/On Wifi Calling on that phone with no issues!

georgiehopper
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
ATT guys told me it's a phone glitch and Samsung needs to fix it
mlblack16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
And now we play the blame game. Unfortunately, either or both are possible culprits. This is affecting ATT customers, which would suggest more so an ATT problem, but it's impacting multiple models of the Z Fold device.
mlblack16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Having the same issue with Z Fold 3 and I'm also on ATT. Just started earlier today. Kept getting a system system notification to enable WiFi calling but it won't do it.
mrfasty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Glad I found this topic. Same issue started a few hours back on my Galaxy Z Fold 4 on ATT. Wifi-Calling had been working since I received the phone last week but stopped working today.

blink6743
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same thing here
userOswTUiO2dE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
WiFi Calling stopped working, too, on my Z Fold 4 on AT&T network here in Hawaii. I need Wifi calling to use my phone to make / receive calls from rural area on the side of a volcano. Wifi calling was working previously on this brand new Fold 4 phone.
userOswTUiO2dE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Try this. It worked for me. Go to Settings and tap on System > Advanced > Reset option's or just search for "reset options" in settings. Tap on Reset network settings or Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, & Bluetooth. Confirm the operation. After resetting network settings, reconnect to your Wi-Fi network, then see if Wi-Fi calling works properly.
mlblack16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Worth a shot, but this did not work. Also, for anyone who is going to attempt this process, BACKUP your BT paired devices. My Galaxy Watch 5 Pro had to be factory reset and paired again with my Fold 3.