JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New ZFold 4 Will not enable WiFi calling

(Topic created: 09-07-2022 09:46 AM)
georgiehopper
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Samsung Z Fold 4 suddenly stopped enabling WIFI calling.  The Samsung folks said have my carrier (ATT) replace SIM card.  They replaced SIM card and the problem is still there.  So they told me it's a bug with the phone and Samsung needs to update software.

So when I am in an area with no cell phone service such as my house, I am unable to send text messages using my wifi service. 
Anyone know how to fix this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
mrfasty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Bingo and a great tip. I did the network setting reset last evening without realizing that it would screw up my Watch 5 Pro pairing and had to reset that as well which was simply a waste of time.

Issue with Wifi Calling is still ongoing for me.

Fn2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I just tried to enable WiFi Calling again just now after haven't been able to do so since a couple of days ago... IT WORKS NOW!!! I can only assume ATT did something in their network since Samsung software has not updated recently. I am now able to make WiFi calls...
userRBsJuMGNk0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

This worked.  AT&T is telling me to check my wifi network, check for software updates, nearly daily but this worked!! THANK YOU!

0 Likes
userOswTUiO2dE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Go to Settings and tap on System > Advanced > Reset options. Here, tap on Reset network settings or Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, & Bluetooth. Confirm the operation. After resetting network settings, reconnect to your Wi-Fi network, then see if Wi-Fi calling works properly.
Bruceflea
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Same issue on S10+ and a full factory restore did not help.
Solution
mlblack16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Everyone, this is definitely an ATT problem and likely just with Samsung devices. Check out this discussion that's getting tons of responses with everyone saying nothing fixes the issue.

https://forums.att.com/conversations/more-att-prepaid-discussions/wifi-calling-not-working-suddenly/...
mlblack16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
And mysteriously, it just went back online for my Z Fold 3. Hope it stays on! Hoping ATT finally fixed it on their end🤞
mrfasty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Yep. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like my Z Fold 4 has this working now too.

blink6743
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Problem was solved!
Fn2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Confirm that it works again. ATT fixed it even though they blamed Samsung