Original topic:

No option to download more edge panels (Z fold 3)

(Topic created: 08-29-2021 06:10 AM)
jastep
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
So this is my first foldable device coming from the S21 Ultra but I noticed that there is no way to download more edge panels for this device.  I even tried sideloading the 2 that I absolutely need, to no avail.  

Has anybody either found a way to make it so you can download more or install any that don't come with the device? 
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold
What's the name of the ones you are needing ?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold
I just checked my s21u and the option to get more is there. It's missing from my z fold though. I looked on Samsung website and they said downloading additional panels is not applicable to all phone models. Guess that means we are out of luck, unless they decide to support it. I would say email Samsung with the request.
jastep
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
The ones i needed were the Calculator panel and a particular calender panel (i forget name). I extracted the APK's and installed but they don't show in the panel menu. Thanks for checking that out. I'm wondering if enough people ask for it, if they'll bring it back. They did the same thing with the Tab S7. Guess ill have to find an alternative.
33Richie33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I really hope they do. Just watched a YouTube video on some really cool ones and I can't download any. The worst part is that samsung on their own edge panel help website SHOWS the Fold 2 or 3... ridiculous.
jastep
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I agree wholeheartedly. Whoever is putting together the info on their sites isn't being very careful. In addition to this there also an error on the infographic for the Fold that states that it has MST so now idk what to beilev but can only how we get the option for more panels at some point.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.