JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not staying charged while plugged in

(Topic created: 10-04-2022 10:50 AM)
Kesin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
My Samsung Zfold 3 doesn't seem to always want to stay charged while plugged in since the last update.  I have it on battery protect, so only charges to 85%.  But after it gets there and stops charging my battery starts to decrease until it gets to 83% and then it recharges all over again.  It just keeps repeating the process.

Has anyone else had this problem since the last update?
3 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Check for any rogue apps possibly depleting ....

However, that could be the normal charging cycle
(I personally don't sit and watch what the charger does over time
0 Likes
Kesin
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Update:. I tried charging it to 100% to see what would happen and it stays at 100%.

So it can't be a charger/cord issue. And it can't be a battery issue. So it has to be a Samsung issue.

It is quite annoying to be killing time playing a game while charging and have the charging image pop up saying, "charging 83%" everytime is drops to 83%.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hey there! I can certainly understand how frustrating it is when your device will not charge and stay charged fully. Let's see what we can do to get this fixed for you. 

1. Have you already tried to put the device in safe mode like the above comment suggests and charged it to see if that's what is happening?

2. If you have and the issue is still continuing let's try to back up your device and do a factory data reset to try to reset any settings that could be causing the issue. 

3. If the issue is still continuing I would definitely suggest having a certified technician taking a look at the device to see what exactly is going on. You can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/   or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html