Original topic:

One UI6 Android 14 Update very stable

(Topic created: 11-23-2023 07:29 AM)
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

As I experience in the previous 2.5 years with my Verizon Locked S21U, the update to my Verizon Fold 5 seems to be flawless. 

I'm still playing with all the new features but everything has worked as it's supposed to.   

I tried Enhance-X and was plesently surprised how well it recovered a dark, low focus Pic I took of my parrot.  It didn't make it DSLR quality but it made is something to keep rather than to just delete. 

Here's another shot taken with my Fold 5, 12mp, 3x, Photo mode then adjusted and cropped in Enhance-X.  The original shot wasn't bad but this processed one is much better.   I miss my S21U camera a little less now 😉 

20231123_103201_1700753848273.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
5 Replies
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm curious as to why they would keep me on the beta for my fold 4 when they have released it on the other models? 🦜
I haven't found anything I'm missing on this release...1700760707497_1700760707484_0.png
Options
Galaxy Fold
who is your carrier, because they are the ones that push the update out to you
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
That is discouraging if true. I switched to Spectrum from Verizon in March of this year. They offered me two lines for the price of one. That's effective for one year and is at half the price of what I was paying at Verizon. It also took Verizon forever to upgrade my zfold4 from 12 to 13. At least I was able to join the beta program on Spectrum where it was never available on Verizon. I'm happy, since the beta that I have now seems to be close, if not the same, to the final version.
0 Likes
userPsBzGzoymP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes, it does seems to be pretty stable, and I haven't had the microphone issues that I've been hearing about people have been having when making and receiving calls as I have tested this personally with one of my Echo Show devices. What has seemed to have happened though is every since this update, I've noticed my phone using slightly more battery and memory. Before I could end the day with at least 89 percent battery after taking my phone off the charger around 7:00am or a little later than that, and this is after some slightly heavy usage. Now at day end I'm looking at anywhere between 65 and 60 percent battery life after this long awaited update. Not only that, since this update, for the first time since having my S23 Ultra I see my memory drop as low as 1.7 Gigabytes, it never got that low before. Keeping in mind that this was the very update that was said to been giving us better battery life, hopefully it's on it's way in a different box aka package, who knows. All I know is, I never wanted to give up some of my juice for this update, other than these things.. it's been great so far, however, it still didn't address the issue with why wifi calling isn't working on my Galaxy S23 Ultra.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

of course as with any major android update you will need to give the phone a day or two to settle down power consumption wise

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor