Original topic:

Phone cant wont recognize SIM

(Topic created: 01-08-2023 07:08 PM)
Yfrank14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Fold 3 wont recognize SIM on start up.

After 10 or 20 restarts , it finds the SIM and functions normally  untill it is shut off or is restarted.

I tried a new SIM.

I would like to send the phone in for repair.

Without a SIM , I cant get phone calls or texts.

As far as I can tell, samsung repair refuses to accept a repair without verifying your phone by texting a code.

Support refuses to speak to anyone without text.

Should I send the phone by carrier pigeon or just keep restarting and hope it finds the SIM so I can set up a repair?

I am going to try a reformat and set to factory as my last desperate  act.

I have an old phone. Not a samsung. I could put the SIM in that and let them text me the code. Can they tell I am not texting from a samsung phone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello @Yfrank14, We know how upsetting it is to not be able to use the phone for basic functions such as using your carrier features. We see you've done all the necessary troubleshooting to get the SIM card working. The next step would be having the phone serviced. We will be happy to look into the options available. Please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the phone:
IMEI number of the phone:

View solution in context

8 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
It shouldn't matter. Tell them you had to put your sim in another phone
Or does your carrier support ESIM for Android if so call your carrier see if you can do ESIM
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
If your phone is broken how can Samsung make you text from it?! Doesn't matter which one you use to send/receive text

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello,

Check your Sim card slot and insert the SIM properly and try performing reset all settings.

Also, try clearing the Sim card manager and Sim toolkit data and cache.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
Getting an eSIM then contact Samsung.

If you're in the US, head over to UBreakIfix. They are authorized by Samsung to fix their phone with official parts.

I think you need a new SIM tray. The SIM card is not making proper contact.
0 Likes
Yfrank14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thanks everyone for the help.

Verizon  says I cant have an ESIM.

I will try the other suggestions. 

Can I just walk into a UBreakIfix without authorization from samsung? As far as I know ,it wont be a warranty  covered repair. I just want to make sure it is not like with cars, somethings have to be done at the factory or approved by the factory.

0 Likes
00x112
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Make sure SiM is correct orient to the tray (happens more often than u may think) and check the SiM that it is not BENT
Yfrank14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Ubreakifix said it is the motherboard and samsung has to fix it.

It is only 14 months old and I need a motherboard?

I assume that will cost half the price of a new phone and I will need another motherboard  in 14 months.

Am I the only one that that has to spend $900.00 every 14 months on his phone?

Uis this normal for Samsung phones?

Does Samsung ever fix for free because  motherboards should last longer than 14 months?

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello @Yfrank14, We know how upsetting it is to not be able to use the phone for basic functions such as using your carrier features. We see you've done all the necessary troubleshooting to get the SIM card working. The next step would be having the phone serviced. We will be happy to look into the options available. Please send a private message with the following information: http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:
Complete physical address:
Contact phone number:
Alternate phone number:
Email address:
Model Code of the phone:
IMEI number of the phone: