JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone went black

(Topic created: 08-30-2021 10:23 PM)
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Just bought fold and it’s just gone black. No charge sign reset buttons doing nothing

26 Replies
SanDiego619
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Can't you return it. You just got it..
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
This has literally been my same response to folks. I know it sounds direct ,but it's true. Just exchange the device, especially if your have the Samsung care+ , they even offered it free for pre-orders
0 Likes
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

I own 3 businesses I don’t have time to not have a reliable phone. This is really annoying. Now I have to pray I find a store that has some in order too exchange

0 Likes
Solution
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Samsung contracts with local vendors for warranty fixes also. Have you called Samsung? You also have options to vote with your wallet and purchase from a different OEM. No manufacturer has ups and downs though. Again the phone is not even a week old. Just released on Friday and it's only Monday.
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Yes I called they said to drive to store 45 min away or exchange at same store I purchased

0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Does that mean your phone is carrier locked ? If so the normally exchange on the spot or they ship you one and you send them the old one back after you receive the replacement. I will say this though. Keep the phone on the charger and it's possible it will wake up or plug it into a computer. The other day I had an iPhone lock up on me during an upgrade. I had to disconnect it from the computer and wait for it to die. I then plugged it into a wall charger and brought it back to life. You can try something like that
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Never thought of being carrier locked. Never heard of that. But I thought the same thing about keeping it plugged in. I tried 3 different chargers. Even wireless. But I will plug it back in. I even tried the power and volume buttons. I also won’t be able to use smart switch if this doesn’t come back on

0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I see. Try plugging it into a computer and see if a computer recognizes it. Sorry to hear this is possibly a bad egg I would also be frustrated. Heck I've already had Samsung give me $300 back in credits for issues I encountered throughout the pre-order process. I'm still even missing my watch band for my gw4 classic. I work in IT as a professional, I do see stuff like this with various products. Brand new products. That's the unfortunate truth.
0 Likes
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Yea I also upgraded my watch same day to 4 from3 classic. I went with without the bezel this time. Which is new to me I’ve have every watch and use to wearing the 46. But I like the feel and lightness of the new watch. I’m being a spoiled brat. But I know I love this phone. Already. It’s on charger now so I’m gonna try my laptop. 

0 Likes