JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone went black

(Topic created: 08-30-2021 10:29 PM)
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Just bought fold and it’s just gone black. No charge sign reset buttons doing nothing

MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

I know I can return it but doesn’t make me comfortable. What if it happens again

0 Likes
Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Vote with your wallet. This can happen with any manufacturer. If you're not happy and decided to move on that's an option for you. One thing we do know is Samsung stands by their products. You have to trust the process. Again this can happen to any oem. If I have a problem with Samsung I call and let them know. I also make sure they compensate me via Samsung credit or a portion of a refund.
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

I hear you. I been with Samsung 20 years. I just gave up my note 20 ultra for this fold. I was so excited. But I will give it another chance. I was happy with this fold. Just **bleep** it happened

Phenom1011
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just exchange like everyone is saying. Honestly, i have had no issues and the phone is amazing, so give it one more shot if you are willing. It will be worth it!!
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

What’s your take on battery. Have you found ways to make it last. I keep a portable fast charger in my purse but I barely got to even touch the settings before it blacked out I was watching big brother and once it went off I noticed it just straight black. But I will replace it. I love it already. 

0 Likes
Phenom1011
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Honestly, I haven't had battery issues but it does drain faster than the Z fold 2 I had. If you use Always on Display turned in, i'd set it to show on tap or during times like when you sleep.

The 120 hz on the outside is the main culprit, but i believe there should be a display option to change it from adaptive display to a flat 60 hz refresh. I use mine most of the day or half and manage to get through down to 20 to 30% left, including using it for navigation, bluetooth or other combination of things. Sorry for the long reply
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Ok I’ll try those when I get a replacement. Praying someone close has a phone still. I bought only one my store had. Apparently only each store got about 2 smh. Thank you!

Phenom1011
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Let us know how you like it and if it works out for you!! Good luck, stay positive and spread love!
MuthaHustler619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Appreciate it. I’ll let you guys know soon as I get my replacement. Going to bed to cut down my stress 😔 appreciate you guys. Truly!

Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I posted this on a post, I personally keep mine on 60hz. I learned back on my Razer phone days it's not worth the battery drain with a higher refresh rate. That's my opinion. I mean basically nothing supports it. Most apps and games don't even use the 60hz especially on Android. I have 40 cellphones btw. Turn off vibration on things you don't need it on such as a keyboard etc. Battery life of course is subjective strictly on personal use. I'm at 40% right now and it's 1230am phone has been off the charger since yesterday morning. As you can imagine on not on my phone all day. I have a company work phone and only use my Fold every now and then throughout the day.