Original topic:

Please bring back the feature for S Pen To Text to the keyboard!

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 06:40 PM)
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hey Samsung,

Just discovered the Spen to Text setting in Advanced Settings of the Z Fold 3. I've been asking you guys to bring it back and I was so excited that you did! BUT----the problem with it is you guys copied off of Apple with it. You only allow for the handwriting in the text field. Instead of putting it back in the keyboard. Who on your UI team thought that was a good idea? 🤨
The Spen to Text needs to be added back to the keyboard so that users are given a larger, more comfortable area to write in. (The Handwriting setting in the keyboard is not the same) If you guys look back to how the handwriting UI on the keyboard was for the Note 8 and Note 9, THAT was the best and most versatile handwriting capability. 

Please bring that back! Merge the Spen to Text feature in Advanced Settings with the Handwriting feature of the keyboard and you will have an exceptional spen/keyboard experience again.
3 Replies
SPenPhile
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I am a long-time Note user. I have had many problems with handwriting to text conversion. I gave up on the setting you mentioned and switched to Gboard as I had done with my Notes. The Samsung implementation produced mostly garbage for me. The GBoard is better but not even close to what I had with my Note. Although more accurate, it cannot keep up with my handwriting speed.  I need to decide in the next few days if I am going to return the Fold3 and keep my note 9 with its cracked screen that still recognizes handwriting faster and better. 

Are you having success with your Spen to text? Any suggestions that might improve my Fold3's recognition.

0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
The Spen to text works fine for me, the way they've chosen to implement it on the Fold 3. But I may not write as quickly as you do. If you decide to exchange it, I'd recommend getting the S21 Ultra if you don't mind the Spen being sold and housed separatelyand lack of expandable storage (because majority don't need more than 128GB). Otherwise, get the Note 20 Ultra.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes