cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Astronaut

Read receipts

Why take away the "read receipts" function? 
IPhones have them! 
I'm disappointed in Samsung for dropping the ball on something so basic, yet functional and appreciated. 
Who can I call and complain to about this? πŸ€”
12 REPLIES 12
Supernova

Re: Read receipts

Settings/Apps/Messages. next to the messages you will see a marker off to the right side. Mine looks different than yours because I've modified but still the same concept. click on that and you will find a list of settings. One of them will be "Read Receipts" Hope that Helps.

clipboard_image_1607217697248.jpg

clipboard_image_1607217696122.jpg

clipboard_image_1607217698242.jpg

Astronaut

Re: Re: Read receipts

I don't have those options.
I would share my screenshots but it won't let me πŸ˜” but after switching phones, i get nothing.
when I looked it up on Google, it looks like I'm not alone in having this issue with newer Samsung phones or updates.
Astronaut

thank you for taking the time to try and help me btw
Supernova

let's try this. head into settings . scroll down to About Phone. Then into Software Version/Details ..then find your build number. Start clicking on it repeatedly until you Enable Developer Mode . After that Exit to your main screen and go back into your settings/ scroll down to Developers Mode click on that and activate/then move to apps/and check and see if you have more advanced settings next to your messages. (It may appear when you click on the message app itself up at the Top Right (the 3 lines)

clipboard_image_1607218967477.jpg

clipboard_image_1607218970165.jpg

clipboard_image_1607218965937.jpg

Astronaut

thank you! I hope you work for samsung πŸ™. you did a great job of explaining these steps. I was able to easily follow them unfortunately it didn't change my ability to change any options related to messages. I tried a few different avenues while in developer mode and I couldn't find anything to change it. thank u again so much for your help !
Supernova

hmmm. well I'll keep clicking around on the phone . You have a Fold right? Think theres one around here somewhere. Sorry dont work for Samsung just saw the post kinda thing. Ill bookmark this and If I find where to find the setting on yours I'll post back here for you Have a Good Night
Supernova

Constellation

Having the same issue on note 20 on sprint/tmobile I got it Friday and worked fine did an update and not working talked with sprint they can't figure it out went on samsung for help he took controll of phone and turned on a few things. Got it to say delivered but would send a message every time for a "delivery report" every message i would send and if other person read it wouldn't say read. The chat feature is missing now too I have a few screen shots idk if they will help at all.  First one is a message before problem says message type "chat" second is after update says "text message" third and forth pictures are what Samsung turned on and 5th and 5th are the message saying delivered but the delivery report showing up in notification. Hope someone can figure it out samsung guy didn't really know what to say just said they are updating and making things better for all users all the time and might of been a feature that was removed.message type is chatmessage type is chat

Screenshot_20201206-210610_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201206-205105_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20201206-205100_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20201206-205844_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201206-205815_Gallery.jpg

Supernova

Re: Re: Re: Read receipts

yeah he must've turned on Delivery Reports which is slightly different then Read Receipt. Delivery Reports send a separate message back each time.