Original topic:

Refresh rates 1-120hz

(Topic created: 09-24-2022 10:01 PM)
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold

I'm curious as to why Samsung continues to state the display is capable of 1-120 hz refresh rates but in the software the slowest I have ever seen is 24hz even though the inner display is capable of 1-120hz. I believe I had the same experience as well on the S22U it's spec as capable of 1hz but the display has never dropped that low. I think I seen the S22U drop to 24hz but never 1hz. On my fold 4 the inner when idle only goes to 24hz.

Yet on Xiaomi phones the refresh rates do actually drop to 1hz. Just wondering if this is a limited issue in One UI? 

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/wXBsNa75W590

I still love the ZFold 4. Just curious what is limiting the screen from actually going down to 1hz while other brands do actually drop to 1hz.

2 Replies
Tuanming
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just my opinion, 1hz refresh rate is a feature. Whether or not Samsung want to use it or enable it is another story. But I would like to think that the always on display is set at 1hz.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold
The aod is actually running at 60hz according to XDA. You can force it to 10hz if you use galaxy max hz but it's a third party app.
0 Likes