Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userO8O3sV5pfb
Constellation

Release of Unlock galaxy fold?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am on the list to pre order a galaxy fold I see several articles stating it will be exclusive t mobile and att. If there is no unlock version Samsung is making a big mistake because some people especially business people travel and sometime we switch number to avoid roaming hopefully they will have an unlock version especially at this price... I think I am going to wait and see some customer review. This also one reason I left apple when you try to control user experience e.g removing sd to use cloud, iTunes etc..... 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Unlock galaxy fold?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Carrier phones can be unlocked, but they are subject to carrier terms and approval. T Mobile asks for 40 days of uninterrupted service,  whereas A TT has an unlock portal on their site. You don't actually need to be a subscriber. 

Maybe you could ask for an unlock code if the TMO one is paid fully. I use T Mobile so unlock state is largely irrelevant to me. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Carrier phones can be unlocked, but they are subject to carrier terms and approval. T Mobile asks for 40 days of uninterrupted service,  whereas A TT has an unlock portal on their site. You don't actually need to be a subscriber. 

Maybe you could ask for an unlock code if the TMO one is paid fully. I use T Mobile so unlock state is largely irrelevant to me. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userO8O3sV5pfb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do understand i used tmobile after purchasing my S8 plus i paid full price on day one and i Had to go through many operators to unlock it that it became frustrating in store they told me to call the operator then they will give me stories such as the phone was not active for 40 days for they unlock police and that was not true. Finally for a 2000 usd phone I will not go through all that pain as a Verizon customer. Definitely considering to pass.... 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T Mobile is VERY strict with unlock, whereas ATT just needs you to submit a request on their site. Very painless. Verizon usually ships phones unlocked I think, not sure about Sprint. 

Anyway, you need to use it for 40 days uninterrupted on their network. Afterwards it's up to them to decide if you qualify. 

userfVLrJ0P54O
Astronaut

What do I do

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do I do

Samsung_tvmMRz2
Astronaut

Hoal