Original topic:

Return Policy is

(Topic created: 09-11-2021 11:43 PM)
Lordmatsu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
A pain.

I bought a fold3 before it released through Samsung and I have been having service issues where it would go in and go out no matter where I'm at. And to make matters worse at home I have zero service. Anywhere in the house and I live in a 5G Ultraband area.

I called Samsung to see if I can get it returned (only had the phone for less than 2 weeks) and get a new one shipped but their policy only allows me to have my entire original order refunded and I have to repurchase everything anew. 

So no promotions no credit no nothing. I would also have to purchase the new phone and transfer everything before I return my old phone. I won't get a refund on my original order until I actually return it.

To make matters worse I also have to figure out if I can still get my original trading credit that was made with my first purchase. I also apparently have to send in the accessories that I was shipped on my first order even if they're brand new and have them shipped me back a new set. Which has to be purchased separately because the promotions are over.

Also because I have a payment plan with my provider, it makes it even harder cause I'm not upgrading my phone if I buy another fold So I have to outright buy the 2nd Fold3 unless I return my old Fold3 before I buy, but I can't cause I need to transfer my files over and need both phones together.

So I'm in a pinch. I just wanted them to send me a new phone so I transfer my files, and send them the old one but apparently I can't do that.

Any Samsung Representatives that can help me make this easier or do I have to suffer and do a bunch of loopholes and procedures just to swap out my phone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with no connectivity on your Galaxy Fold 3. If you purchased Samsung Premium care, I would recommend reaching out to them directly prior to purchasing another device. Give them a call directly at 866-371-9501.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
Romesr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Backup everything to a usb drive
0 Likes
papachris59
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Good luck!!!
0 Likes
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Is your Fold3 unlocked thru Samsung or locked thru Verizon?
Did you get the optional insurance thru either?

If your payment plan is thru Verizon, then I would think you would deal with Verizon and that would honestly be easier.
0 Likes
Lordmatsu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Verizon said I'd have to deal with Samsung. Samsung said I'd have to see if I have enough credit with Verizon to purchase another phone. I got the Samsung Care when I bought the phone, not sure about insurance.

It looks like I'll have to back up my phone and then send it in before I buy another phone waiting for a refund and get this phone removed. However I use my phone for work on a daily basis. So I may need to buy a cheap phone or something in the mean time. The whole process just adds so many more steps than needed.
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with no connectivity on your Galaxy Fold 3. If you purchased Samsung Premium care, I would recommend reaching out to them directly prior to purchasing another device. Give them a call directly at 866-371-9501.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
BlueWuffy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Samsung is the absolute worst.
0 Likes
Lordmatsu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
This all started when my Fold 3 was defective so I had to send in the phone and reorder another one. So I am without a phone. This phone was supposed to arrive on the 17th. My phone is my work and lifeline. This delivery was delayed by 6 days to the 23rd. A customer service representative tried to offer a $100 refund. I was already gonna lose at least 5 grand with this delay but i said I'll take the kind gesture cause nothing could make the phone deliver faster.

Today, I was denied a refund request of $100 when not receiving my phone from the 17th to the 23rd has costed me $6000. Just roughly a grand a day. Not only that I am already overseas for work and now I'll have to get this phone shipped to my location which will cost me again. All because your staff, workers, and FedEx decided to incorrectly inform me when my phone is was to arrive. Now a small $100 refund is denied cause Samsung is too cheap to own their fault of incorrectly informing a customer who bought a $1800 phone when it's suppose to arrive. Not only do I get a phone that was malfunction and defective, I had to send back my phone and then reorder another one. Now, that new phone is late, almost a week late. Or maybe more, whenever it actually arrives. 

0/10 service
josephgduncanjr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
That's messed up and Samsung needs to own up to their mistake.
JLArnold
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Why would you not have a back after order a band new release first time ever fold phone?? Should have known there be problems at first.
0 Likes