JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Routine that announces full charge not working with battery protect active

(Topic created: 03-30-2023 12:31 AM)
CatNicole85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I turned on the feature in modes & routines that tells you outloud when your phone is fully charged and to unplug it. Shortly after I learned another cool feature (BTW, I love this phone so far) in settings I went to battery & care, then clicked more battery settings, at the very bottom I turned on protect battery to extend the lifespan of the battery, it said the maximum charge limit is to 85% now. My question is, does the routine that says outloud that your phone is fully charged not work anymore after you turn on the protect battery feature? Because mine stopped working, and if that's the case then I think Samsung should fix that and when it reaches 85% it should say outloud 'Battery is fully charged, unplug' just as it did when the maximum charge was to 100%. That feature is a big deal for me because I tend to forget to take it off the charger in time and then it will overcharge.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold
If you check this routine, you might see in the 'if condition' that the battery level is set to 'equal or above 100%'. That means when you limit the charging to 85%, this routine will not be triggered.

For now, if you want to limit to 85%, you will need to edit this routine and change 100% to 85%.

In the future, I hope Samsung would improve a better way to do this in more dynamic way. It's inconvenient for users to manually change between 85% and 100% when changing the protect battery setting

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold
If you check this routine, you might see in the 'if condition' that the battery level is set to 'equal or above 100%'. That means when you limit the charging to 85%, this routine will not be triggered.

For now, if you want to limit to 85%, you will need to edit this routine and change 100% to 85%.

In the future, I hope Samsung would improve a better way to do this in more dynamic way. It's inconvenient for users to manually change between 85% and 100% when changing the protect battery setting