Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Inner Screen Protector Issues

(Topic created on: 12/27/20 6:37 PM)
Jay64
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
My inner screen  protector on my fold 2 began forming bubbles recently. I contacted Samsung and was told that I could get the protector replaced at a Samsung Experience Store, but there are none within 500 miles of where I live.  I was then asked to contact a Samsung authorized repair center, UbreakIfix, in Richfield MN and was told they do not provide that service.  What is the remedy Samsung is proposing to address screen protector replacement?

Jay Hammond 
8 Replies
EXOEJ605
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
either tale a trip, or send it in which could take time.. or do like I did and take it off and just be super careful which I assume everyone who has this phone is. I've had it without the inner screen protector because of that for a month and change and haven't regretted it.
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold

I read a few articles that the foldable glass was prone to scratches. Is that turning out to not ne the case for you @EXOEJ605 ?

0 Likes
EXOEJ605
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I mean every glass is prone to scratches, yes they issued a warning because some people think its the same as a regular phone but I personally followed what it told me and have No scratches at all. just be careful as usual no fingernails, not too much pressure and you should be fine. if you really want to get the protector go to a samsung place and they reinstall the original one
0 Likes
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thanks. Also it would seem that if you have Samsung replace with the same one as the original because of the bubbles - won't the replacement also get the bubbles? 

0 Likes
EXOEJ605
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
thats what I'm thinking but I haven't had time to go get the replacement because its like 50 miles away but ill update if anything
Jay64
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
The first layer of material beneath the inner screen protector is plastic, not glass, and yes it scratches easily, especially with those fine micro scratches.
0 Likes
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Jay64 wrote:
The first layer of material beneath the inner screen protector is plastic, not glass, and yes it scratches easily, especially with those fine micro scratches.

@Jay64  yes I saw other posts of people saying just that. I do have a single small bubble right at the crease but (for now at least) that's the only one. I got the phone in late November so I guess it's still early. I think I prefer the bubble to the risks of scratching the screen without the protector. What I am really hoping for is a non-rubbery replacement that Samsung develops. Maybe that is hoping for too much :). 

0 Likes
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Jay64, you are not asking for too much: your wishes can come...just don't call me Jeanie.

I have a clear aircraft speed tape ( not the metalic one) that is used to cover the clear plastic navigation light lens on the Bombardier CRJ aircraft. It does have that soft rubbery feel to it. There is also quite a bit of tape covers being sold at the phone stores to cover the phone lens. You can also buy a micro finishing compound for headlamp restoration. Finally you can buy a microsanding kit that will alow you to sand over 3 thousandths grit and then use a polishing compound to clear up any haze.
0 Likes