Original topic:

Samsung care + is really Asurion and that's false advertising.

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 12:59 PM)
richillion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
So I just dropped my Galaxy Z fold 2 right before I was going to trade it in for the $900 credit for the Galaxy z fold 3. I called samsung care + for a replacement. First of all it's Asurion and not samsung that handles it, unlike Apple care where Apple is responsible for sending you a replacement. So I needed to send in affidavits, photo ID, and receipts and wait days before I was even approved and allowed to pay the deductible. The worst part is the phone is in backorder with no sight of it becoming available anytime soon. The deadline is coming for the trade in and I'm still being charged 12 dollars for insurance that doesn't even have my phone in stock. I really thought samsung care was a product of samsung you can't trust any of these companies.
7 Replies
Tûwasé
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
This is extremely disappointing news.
Alexei_Drekker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yup. Was extremely disappointed when I learnt that it was Asurion. Have never had good experiences with Asurion.
richillion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Terrible service and experience honestly. Plus samsung said the z fold 3 comes with a year of care + but I can't find a way to even add it or activate the free year. I'm not paying for this **bleep** anymore I'll tell u that.
0 Likes
namuH007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

The same thing happened to me recently. Still waiting for "Backorder" ? How long do they have before they have to replace the phone with "As Equal" ? I cant go months with a broken phone, while paying the insurance, that's just a waste of money if they cant replace it. 

0 Likes
richillion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Apparently if you wait on backorder for a couple weeks and call them about an alternative they can just pay you out instead of replacing it. They will give you the retail amount of what you originally paid for it. Thats what I'm doing now.
0 Likes
namuH007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
That's great to know, thank you for this info. It looks like I'll be doing the same thing.
0 Likes
userH775VRTpWg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I've had a account at sprint for over 10 years as we all know t mobile took over! Nothing too dramatic has happened yet but I've also haven't had a issue until last year when I had gal s 10 + and dropped my phone on edge of drivway..... I live in a small town so nearest repair center was 2 hours away... plus because of covid nothing was open and I wasn't about to just send my phone in Assurion or sprint orT- mobile so I tried to fix it myself ... big mistake so I now have a broken screen front and back so I decided to upgrade phone early and that was just $$$$$ took the old phone to repair place locally that cost $489.... so I paid for insurance that couldn't help me.... without sending phone in and who knows how long that would have taken! Part 2 too follow
0 Likes