Original topic:

Samsung case improvements

(Topic created: 08-29-2021 11:09 PM)
33Richie33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just stating the obvious here. 
Samsung, please spend a bit more time on the engineering of your phone cases. The Fold 3 leather cover and Fold 3 w/ S Pen case has three flaws. 
1. The front and back case extention material keeps getting caught between the fold 3's hinge when opening. 
2. The case has no magnetic hold point. Case flops around when opened and when taking a selfie while using the Fold 3's 'front cover preview,' the camera OR cover screen is blocked. 
3. The case extends too far out from the screen on the left, causing an awkward hold.

Suggestions:
For number 1 and 3: retractable stretching nylon material so it extends when the phone is open, but retracts inside of a 'hinge cover' when closed. 
2: magnetic or velcro attachment allowing us to detach the hinge/ front or back cover when needed. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I cut the front cover off of the leather case with the SPen. Cut it right at the edge of the spen holder and love it. Protects the back and hinge in folded mode.
The pen when unfolded is perfectly centered and gives me a new way to hold onto it safely.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I cut the front cover off of the leather case with the SPen. Cut it right at the edge of the spen holder and love it. Protects the back and hinge in folded mode.
The pen when unfolded is perfectly centered and gives me a new way to hold onto it safely.

View solution in context

33Richie33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
That's excellent, thanks! I might give that a try, but I'm so worried about cutting an $80 case like that for fear of messing it up. But excellent solution none the less. Still worried about the glass on the front however.
0 Likes
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm honestly not very concerned about the front screen scratching. I ran my Note20 naked for a long time and am still scratch free.
The screen protector on it should be sufficient.
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just don't cut Off the Spen! Cut off the front cover and leave the spen attached to the actual case for the back. Works great
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. Please know that any alterations to the case that causes physical damage will void the warranty on the case.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you for pointing that out. It's definitely something I suppose I should have if anyone may be concerned.

I honestly didn't know there was a warranty on the case. It's not something I would have even considered using for something like this case but thank you again.
0 Likes