JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen mirroring works, Dex won't start

(Topic created: 06-09-2022 01:06 PM)
userx00vEY7dWa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hi, when using my phone (Z Fold 2 5G - European version) with a wired connection to a TV (used as a monitor) I get screen mirroring, but I can not switch to Dex-mode. In the settings under connection > more conection > HDMI

I have set Dex as the primary mode. But still upon connecting the HDMI cable screen mirroring comes up.

When pressing the dex icon in the settings I get to the screen where I can chose betweek TV and PC mode. I switch on TV mode, but nothing happens. The device is seaching for a compatible wireless TV, but I do not have one, so it finds none. Still screen mirroring is on.

There is a reaction when closing the Z Fold, the mirrored screen gets smaller and indeed mirrors the screen on the outer display. But again no way to switch on Dex.

When I am using my Roku it kind of works. But I do not want to carry my Roku when travelling. There I want to use the HDMI port on the TV in the hotel room.

Any ideas what I can do to get the Dex-screen / Mode, instead of the screen mirroring?

Regards

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold
Settings
Apps
Show system app