JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screenshots Album Disappears from Gallery App on Opening App

(Topic created: 02-28-2023 06:23 PM)
LimeGreenGal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have a Samsung Z Fold 3. I use the screenshot feature almost daily and it has been working fine until tonight. Suddenly, when I open the Gallery app, the Screenshots album shows no cover image, just a gray Gallery app icon, and then disappears within a split second. I cannot see or access it at all within the Gallery app, including from "All Albums" (though it is chosen to be on the front page). The folder and all the image files are still on my phone, as I can see them in My Folders and even open them from there in Gallery.

I thought maybe the folder got too many images in it, so I moved them to a different folder, but that didn’t work. I thought maybe the folder got corrupted, so I deleted it, but when I took another screenshot to have the phone create the folder again, it did not fix the problem. There was an update for my phone OS, so I updated, but that didn’t fix the problem.

Thanks for any help!
5 Replies
eliwhiskey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Have you tried to Uninstall the most recent update? I had a issue similar with my Z Flip but it only removed the folders I created and placed in the main folder. So I had to go back and create all those folders again.
0 Likes
LimeGreenGal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
There's no way to uninstall the recent update, and it didn't update today anyway. (Today's update was the OS update, which I installed after the problem started.) Albums are folders themselves in the file structure of the phone, and they are all still there with all my images. All the other albums show up just fine, just not Screenshots.
eliwhiskey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Okay. I am so sorry that happened . Just figured that might help. 😏
0 Likes
LimeGreenGal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I appreciate it, and wish it was the solution, 'cause I really use that album almost daily!
Solution
LimeGreenGal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I ended up solving the problem by clearing the app data. It meant that I lost all the photos in the Trash and had to set up the albums on the first screen (choosing which ones and which order to put them in) again, but other settings like backup to OneDrive were still set. My Screenshots album is back in the app and with the cover pic of the latest pic.