JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sending my Z Fold 3 back

(Topic created: 08-26-2021 08:57 PM)
SingSing1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I bought my Z fold 3 unlocked. Tried to connect it to my carrier and all they keep telling is that it's not eligible. All this money spent and this is the headache you get for it
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
EzraV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
You may need to call your carrier and give them your imei to activate your device on their network depending on your carrier.

View solution in context

17 Replies
userM8kRE7Z0yS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
My Z Fold 3 works fine with At&t Sim card
0 Likes
SingSing1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
unlocked thru Samsung (pre order). I tried to put my old Sprint Sim in and activate it and was told that the phone would not except the old Sim and that I had to get a t-mobile Sim. So I go to the t-mobile store and explain what the Sprint rep said. The t-mobile rep puts one in and tried to activate it and discovers that I can't activate until I change my plan with Sprint. They can't do it I have to call up. So I go back home and call Sprint and explain what t-mobile said and yes I'm aware that they should have called for me, but they could see my frustration with this nonsense. So I call Sprint again and tell them what happened at t-mobile, they spent the next hour and a half try to figure out how to activate this device. Supposedly there is a problem with activation of unlocked devices bought thru Samsung or Bestbuy on the T-mobile/Sprint network. One the explanations that was given to me was that unlocked phones are more like international phones (BS)! And I spent 2 1/2 hrs on the phone waiting to get thru to Samsung which by the way never picked up. Now you know everything
faithmayes
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
You might need to call them and have them update the imei. I have seen people with issues with tmobile/sprint when they get a new phone. It's not the phone that's the issue it's has something to do with the carrier. Usually you can just swap the Sim. The Sim has nothing to do with 5g its the phone that works with that network not the sim card. You might have to speak to tech support.
0 Likes
stevec33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
u have boost?
0 Likes
userfIQ9ii4P67
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Did you put the sim card in?
0 Likes
usermvGlcBTtqZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Verizon fine
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold
T-mobile sim works fine for me
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
You know it'd be nice if you would list more details about helping you it's like at least tell us what carrier you're on we can't get guess
0 Likes
SingSing1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have Sprint/ t-mobile. I bought the phone unlocked thru Samsung (pre order). I tried to put my old Sprint Sim in and activate it and was told that the phone would not except the old Sim and that I had to get a t-mobile Sim. So I go to the t-mobile store and explain what the Sprint rep said. The t-mobile rep puts one in and tried to activate it and discovers that I can't activate until I change my plan with Sprint. They can't do it I have to call up. So I go back home and call Sprint and explain what t-mobile said and yes I'm aware that they should have called for me, but they could see my frustration with this nonsense. So I call Sprint again and tell them what happened at t-mobile, they spent the next hour and a half try to figure out how to activate this device. Supposedly there is a problem with activation of unlocked devices bought thru Samsung or Bestbuy on the T-mobile/Sprint network. One the explanations that was given to me was that unlocked phones are more like international phones (BS)! And I spent 2 1/2 hrs on the phone waiting to get thru to Samsung which by the way never picked up. Now you know everything
0 Likes