JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Some Apps not working on Wifi

(Topic created: 01-06-2023 10:16 AM)
Vaotix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

For the last few weeks, most apps haven't been working when my Fold4 has been connected to my home WiFi network. If I disconnect and go back to mobile data, the apps work fine. No other devices in my house are having this issue including multiple laptops, gaming consoles, tablets, my smart TV, and others. The weird thing is that some apps *do* work on wifi including my phone's web browser and Snapchat. But apps like Signal, most games that require a connection, my banking apps, and others just don't work at all and will give me errors about no connection being available.

I have already tried the following steps with no success:

1. Enable and disable airplane mode
  2. Deleted my WiFi network on my phone and reconnected to it
  3. Reset Connection and Network settings on the phone
  4. Rebooted the phone
  5. Reset/power cycle my router and modem
  6. Tried turning off some intelligent WiFi features
  7. Made sure my phone is on the latest firmware version and that Google Play Services is up to date
  8. Updated all apps on my phone
  9. Cleared the cache of apps that wouldn't work on WiFi

Even after all of that, the issue persists. I have not changed any settings in my router or modem since this issue began and have the same network hardware I had when I got the Fold4 at launch (it was working on this same network until a couple weeks ago).

Any help on this would be appreciated. Really don't want to resort to a factory reset on my phone after how long it took me to get everything configured how I like it - especially because there's no guarantee that will fix the issue, either.

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is when needed apps are not working. It looks like you have tried most troubleshooting.

One more thing to try is clearing the cache partition of the phone and repairing apps through the recovery menu. This will not delete the data from the phone, but could correct the behavior of the apps.

To get to recovery mode: 
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously 
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET) 
- Use power button to select. 
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart. 
Let us know if this helps.
Vaotix
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

This seems to have resolved the issue for now. Thank you!

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

You are very welcome! Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

0 Likes