cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Chief
Cosmic Ray

Suggestions for the Galaxy Fold 2

Since it is late August and the Galaxy Fold is expected to be revealed at IFA Berlin in 2 weeks, and released sometime in September, I know it's too late to request features for the first version of the Fold. However, I'm hoping that there have been significant changes to the design of the Fold since its original announcement earlier this year. If not, I respectfully submit these suggestions on how to better bring the Fold into the mainstream (and increase sales):

1- Multiband support. To my knowledge, the Fold only supports GSM networks, which limits it in the United States to two major carriers: AT&T and T-mobile. That shuts Verizon customers like me out of consideration. I have an upgrade from the Note 9 waiting for the Fold's announcement: but if I can't use it on Verizon, I'm wasting my time.

2- S Pen support. A screen that size is BEGGING for an S Pen! It's difficult enough for some of us to use an onscreen keyboard (my fingers don't like to hit their intended targets), so I find the S Pen indispensable for productivity. With the Fold's screen, creativity is boundless as well... the phone needs an S Pen (either internal or external) to realize its true potential.

3- External storage. I know that Samsung omitted the microSD slot from the standard Note 10. Whether it's because someone forgot about the Note 5 or chose to ignore its poor sales is irrelevant: I do not want a phone that does not have removable storage. Samsung could offer a phone with 10TB of UFS 3.0 internal storage and it will not sway me at all... because I will keep my critical files on the microSD card. All that internal storage is one good drop away from being inaccessible if the screen is shattered or the device fails to power on. If such catastrophic damage occurs, I want to pull my card, pop it in a new phone and keep going.

I hope Samsung takes these suggestions on board in the spirit they are posted. I have used every model of Note except the original in 2011 (including two Note 7s)... so I would love to see nothing but wonderful things ahead for both the Note and Fold lines. A blend of both, in a Galaxy Note Fold, would be a breathtaking device: especially with the new 64mp ISOCELL camera module!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Suggestions for the Galaxy Fold 2

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.