JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Switched from Verizon to T-Mobile

(Topic created: 12-30-2022 04:41 AM)
asinghal31
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Long story short -- I originally got a Verizon Z Fold4 from Best Buy a few months ago but switched carriers to T-Mobile this morning. My Z Fold4 has the latest firmware from Verizon (still have all the Verizon bloat and Verizon boot screen), and I was wondering if there was a way to force it to download/install the latest T-Mobile firmware instead.

I downloaded the latest T-Mobile .zip (BVK3) from Sammobile but haven't been able to figure out if there's a way to install it.
8 Replies
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Fold
No, you must get the unlock code from Verizon (assuming it is paid off) in order to install a T-Mobile SIM card and get it to work properly. If it's not paid off, I don't believe Verizon will give you the unlock code.
0 Likes
asinghal31
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I already have it switched over to T-Mobile service. It's just the firmware that I'm still operating on the Verizon one still
0 Likes
Solution
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
I assume you are already using the device with T-Mobile service. In order for you to get rid of Verizon bloatware you need to flash the firmware. Search for XDA developers website and get to the right section which is fold 4( there could be multiple iterations of this device). Make a post there and users will chime in.

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
You should be able to take your phone to a tech service store with T-mobile and have them flash the firmware for you.

Though some preloaded phones can never be flashed, only unlocked.
UndeadAMD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have an unlocked variant from Samsung do u recommend flashing tmobile firmware if im using tmobile
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Only if you're missing some T-mobile services that are important to you, like wi-fi calling; and if your phone model is compatible with the update.
0 Likes
UndeadAMD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Wym model i have a fold 4 unlocked from Samsung
userbB2pKREI2Y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have this phone with Tmobile and the service sucks. I get delayed messages. My incoming messages continuously have to "download" in order for me to see it and alot of the time it doesn't download til hours later. I also have Verizon and I do not have the same issues as t-mobile. I think it's time for me to switch completely from them