Original topic:

Sync Messages

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 07:48 AM)
GingerFold3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Since I got my Fold 3, this is what I see every single time I open messages. If I choose to sync, it brings back every text I've ever deleted, so then I have to go through and delete again (VERY annoying!). I can choose not to, and then it takes me to my messages, but I'm tired of seeing this every time. How do I make it stop?
Does choosing Stop Backup mean I won't be able to view messages on my other devices?

0 Likes
6 Replies
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Are you able to delete the backup up and make a new one that doesn't include your deleted texts
0 Likes
GingerFold3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
That is a good idea that I wish I had been smart enough to think of on my own lol. I will try that tonight. It may not stop the message from appearing, but it will at least save me some time having to "re"delete messages.
Jim4427
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold
You can also stop the backup service it will delete the messages. Then you could always re-enable it a later time if you need. But Google does backup
0 Likes
GingerFold3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
That's a good idea. Thank you. I generally rely on Google backup anyway. I just like the idea of backing up in two different places, just in case. I know that's completely unnecessary though. I swear I'm not generally a paranoid person! Lol
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@GingerFold3 Since this is an AT&T service, I would reach out to them and see if they can help. 

GingerFold3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you
0 Likes