JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Touch Input Latency

(Topic created: 11-26-2022 11:51 AM)
tmitch205
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have the Samsung Z Fold 4. It is about a week old. Out of the box, the input response is prolonged. An example is entering the pin on startup, using the Samsung keyboard, or using the Samsung Calculator. I am not talking about touch recognition; I am talking about latency.

At its worst, it is between .5 to 1.0 seconds between the touch and the registration of that touch. Press any letter or number, and it takes between .5 to 1.0 seconds for that press to populate. If I am typing at a moderate to fast speed, this can and often does result in the 3-press screen magnification. The odd thing is that if I am using swipe-to-text, there is no issue. I feel that this points directly to the part of the OS that translates the touch to character action.

I had this issue on my S22, but a factory reset resolved it. On the Zfold 4, I used the optimization in the device care app, cleared the cache partition, repaired the apps, and factory reset the phone. None of these options have improved the issue. 

Is this a common theme with this phone, or is there a resolution I have not yet found?

3 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold
Sounds like a hardware issue to me. Contact Samsung support or take it to your carrier or another authorized Samsung repair shop and have it repaired.
tmitch205
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thanks for the recommendations, but I think I found the resolution to the issue. It is in my reply to the thread. 

Solution
tmitch205
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I guess typing my post out was all I needed to think of a resolution. The issue is (was) caused by the shortcut that uses 3 quick presses to enter the magnification screen. After posting, that "Ah Ha" hit me, so I found and turned it off. So far, the issue seems to be resolved.