Original topic:

Trade in HOAX!!

(Topic created: 09-11-2021 06:01 PM)
Mishál
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

My husband and I took advantage of the trade in for 2 Gen 1 watches and the gen 1 z fold phone but were told that we didn't factory reset our devices when they were received at the Samsung Tennessee location and the devices were returned to us and we had to pay the trade in difference, but they keep my husband's S20...?????????? **bleep**???

WHAT CRICK OF **bleep** IS THIS??

If they didn't want any first generation fold phones or smart watches then why the heel did they include then on the list of acceptable trade in devices???????

Had anyone else experienced this?

For the amount of money we as a household spend on Samsung devices we find this super insulting!!!

Might make us rethink our brand loyalty to Samsung because of this!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
StephanieNikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold

Good afternoon, I certainly understand your frustrations. Our eCommerce team handles all issues related to online orders, including the trade-ins. I'd recommend reaching out to them directly at 1-855-726-8721.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Fold
According to Samsung website and trade in rule, any device shipped and traded is now theirs. They should have sent you an email to factory reset the device remotely. Thus giving the customer a chance. After that there is pretty much nothing that can be done.
0 Likes
Mishál
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
We had factory reset all devices prior to sending them in... that's the scsm
0 Likes
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
You can request to have them shipped back. I'm not sure at what point this can still be done though. I've requested it via a note in the box if not acceptable, and sure enough they sent it back.
Customer service with Samsung Is a pain, but I'd call and ask for it returned
Options
Galaxy Fold
If it has not been past it's 14 days you should be able to request the device back and send in the new one ya have. You shouldn't have to pay any difference if you reset it as mentioned. What I like to do before sending devices is video recording the condition the device is in. Example: I traded my iPhone 12 for the Z flip. I used my new device to record the condition of the iPhone showing it has no scratches or cracks and it was already reset.
0 Likes
Solution
StephanieNikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Fold

Good afternoon, I certainly understand your frustrations. Our eCommerce team handles all issues related to online orders, including the trade-ins. I'd recommend reaching out to them directly at 1-855-726-8721.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.