Original topic:

Trading in my z fold 2 and the validity of doing so.

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 08:53 PM)
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have been on the fence of whether to trade in my z fold 2 for the z fold 3. I think its all about the s-pen and having an s-pen when I bought my note 2 phone and every note phone after that, up until my last note phone the note 10 plus.

Does any one know if there is a simple stylus that works safely with inner screen of the z fold 2? The z fold two has the software to use with like samsung notes for example and s pen software.

Trading in my z fold 2, which I purchsed without a trade, seems like a bad transaction to pay now at least $500 to get z fold 3 and an s-pen for $49. Any thoughts or solutions?
0 Likes
18 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Sell your fold 2
Get yourself a 512 unlock note 20 ultra
Keep the rest of money or buy accessories for it.
Built in pen with Bluetooth
Premium glass and metal quality.
Micro sd card.
Better camera.
Water/ dust resistant.
Better durability.
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you for the feedback, some features I never looked into with note 20 ultra. Thanks!
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@tlb213 On the Fold 2 you could use one of those rubber tipped stylus that will work on any touch screen. It essentially can do any of the actions your finger can. 

The Fold 2 lacks the digitizer for sensing the S Pen position. So any S Pen specific software won't be applicable. 

0 Likes
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank You....yes these finger prints are disgusting and constantly cleaning this screen is a pain. Rubber tip, interesting. Thank you for feedback!
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
Rubber tip pen are OK but those don't have accuracy of the S pen. I have used rubber pen before both on fold and on note. They are not good for writing. Only good for navigating around.
0 Likes
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Good to know. Accuracy is a consideration. Thanks for the feed back!
0 Likes
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Real talk......
0 Likes
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
For all the reason stated by @TheGalaxy I kept my note 20 ultra ( with no plans of getting rid of it). This is my opinion, if the fold 2 worked for you ( it did most of the things you want to do ) and all you want to do, is to have the pen support then I would recommend getting the fold 3. However if it was a compromise in the first place then I would recommend the note 20 ultra. They are both powerful phones if utilized properly. Cheers
0 Likes
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you for your insight.
0 Likes