Original topic:

Trading in my z fold 2 and the validity of doing so.

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 07:19 PM)
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have been on the fence of whether to trade in my z fold 2 for the z fold 3. I think its all about the s-pen and having an s-pen when I bought my note 2 phone and every note phone after that, up until my last note phone the note 10 plus.

Does any one know if there is a simple stylus that works safely with inner screen of the z fold 2? The z fold two has the software to use with like samsung notes for example and s pen software.

Trading in my z fold 2, which I purchsed without a trade, seems like a bad transaction to pay now at least $500 to get z fold 3 and an s-pen for $49. Any thoughts or solutions?
0 Likes
18 Replies
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you I kept my note 10 plus because I thought it would be a good backup, but thought that the note 20 ultra was not a big upgrade other than the cameras; but that s-pen keeps calling me. I guess after spending $2000 on fold 2 last near, I am hesitant to upgrade and really trying to justify upgrading.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@tlb213 For context, my daily driver was the Note 20 Ultra. I decided to give the Z Fold 3 a try. I wanted to try out the folding phone concept. I bought the S Pen with some of the promo credit no knowing if I would really use it. 

3+ weeks in to the experiment and I just love the Z Fold 3. The big screen is just amazing. The S Pen works with it flawlessly AND the S Pen is similar in size to a real pencil (much larger than the Note 20 Ultra S Pen). Having the ability to fold it to a smaller size to slide into your pocket and make phone calls just sells the entire deal. 

I couldn't tell you if there is enough benefits for you to go from a Fold 2 to a Fold 3, but I am not regretting my decision to go fold-able. 

My daily driver is now my Z Fold 3!

BTW, I still have my Note 20 Ultra as a backup.  

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Fold
All true
I just can't leave the curve screen and how good it feels in the hand. Something that fold doesn't have.
0 Likes
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I do love the folding concept.
0 Likes
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I am with you on this one. The big screen that folds when not needed got me. ( back up is the note 20 ultra ) Cheers
0 Likes
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
The Fold3 S Pen that comes with the Samsung fold 3 case works great. I also use the SPen Pro which is a little bigger and something I leave at home.
The Spen that came with the Samsung case is fairly convenient and comfortable to write and sketch with. If you need Bluetooth connectivity for things like remote controlling PowerPoint, you'll need the Pro version.
0 Likes
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks for your reply.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Fold
Any stylus will work on the non ble connection with no charging requured but the BLE that is the pro version spen requires charging and the bluetooth connectivity. Non BLE will have simple and just the basic uses and some features dont work( at least not with any other phone so im guessing no on the zfold 3 since i dont have one) the pro version spen also has a retractable tip that will retract when the pressure limit threshold is reached to protect the screen so... just get a stylus with a soft, almost bubble shaped tip that wont scratch the fold screen... they are cheap though im not sure if those types will work or not with "spen" stuff but should still work like it would on any other phone or touch screen like your finger does since thats what they are made to simulate
0 Likes
tlb213
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks for your reply, I think that will be the best financially.
0 Likes