Original topic:

Tutorial: One UI 4 Beta fix no update after enrollment! (Fold 3)

(Topic created: 11-02-2021 05:28 AM)
RalfTech
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hello everyone,

Warning! Please do not attempt unless you are familiar with Odin!

I thought I’d share a fix with the community for the One UI 4 Beta after you’re enrolled and haven’t received the update. I only tested this on Fold 3 and worked flawlessly. If this has helped you please give it a like 🙂 

This took me a very long while to make as I couldn't figure out if this was the issue but after countless hours I managed to make a simple guide for everyone to follow. Enjoy!

Note the images attached will be mostly in a sequential order! I suggest you only rely on my writing. If you follow exact steps nothing should go wrong. Please note that I do not take any responsibility for any damages that may happen. Make sure to read your warranty terms, Rooting or altering software on your device could void your warranty. 

Please read everything a few times before even starting with the 1st step. Get yourself familiarized

Requirements:

• USB C cable
  • Galaxy Fold 3 SM-F926U1
  • PC
  • Some brain power and technical PC knowledge
  • Time: 1-1.5 hours (better than checking everyday for hours for the update...)
  • Turn your anti-virus off on PC just in case if it interferes with the flashing process in Odin. I did it just to be safe. Its up to you. 

Cause:

• Incompatible firmware 
  • Before the One UI 4 update after you enrolled there was a new update released on literally the day of the One UI 4 beta for Fold 3. This was such a coincidence... this caused multiple users including myself not being able to update to the One UI 4 beta after enrolling. Some of us tried withdrawing and re-enrolling, and blaming carries. Which I still do because surprisingly Verizon had managed its way into my BestBuy unlocked phone. I saw VZW/VZW/XAA in my CSC when you go to settings-about-software. Not an expert in that field but annoying to see anything carrier related. Either way enjoy the fix guys.

Solution:

• Enable developer tools in your Fold 3 settings
  • Enable USB debugging in developer tools
  • Now go to your PC and download Odin from here: https://odindownload.com (ensure you get version 3.14.1
  • Now backup your device using smart switch PC version (very important!!)

imageBackup please!

• Once backup is complete you’ll need to go to the following website on your PC: https://samfw.com
  • Now type in your model number (mine was SM-F926U1) and press on the correct device!
  • Now select your CSC version mine said VZW/VZW/XAA in settings of my phone. However, I know my device is unlocked so I selected XAA on the samfw website that I mentioned earlier. (Fun fact: You verify this part when you put your phone in download mode
  • Now select the file with the security patch 2021-10-01 and version: F926U1UES1AUI5. (I’ll attach an image of my download that worked for me. If you have everything identical to me this tutorial is easy) 
  • Select "download Direct"
  • Unzip the files
  • There are now 5 files (AP, BL, CP, CSC, and HOME_CSC

Congrats almost done!!!

• open up Odin3 v3.14.1.exe
  • Put your device into download mode (How?: Turn the device off, plug a usb c cable into pc, plug cable into phone and quickly hold volume up and down, it will prompt you something all you do now press volume up to continue, you’re ready for final steps, and you can verify your CSC code mine is XAA that I mentioned in fun fact earlier)

imageDownload mode. CSC can be seen on top... mine is XAA. Please verify that your file you downloaded matches that.

• Now simply tell odin where each file on your PC is for BL, AP, CP, and CSC. (Note!!: I do not recommend you use HOME_CSC) 

imageThis is how the right side should look!

• Press start and watch magic happen (when done it’ll say PASS on your PC in green
  • Let your phone boot up and put your info in until you get to main screen

imageSetting up my phone to get to main screen

• Open smart switch on your PC and restore your backup

imageRestoring all my goodies😄

• Congratulations you undid the awful update that prevented you from having the beta update available after enrolling!!
  • Update everything in Galaxy Store and Google Play (important!! Reboot device and update all again, until there are no more updates left in Galaxy Store and Google Play)

Please note that unfortunately for me many settings didn’t transfer with smart switch so keep that in mind! Took me about 40 minutes to have it all set up like before ->-> Found a fix: open Smart Switch then go to restore and press on “select backup data” and add the things smart switch missed. Mine missed Contacts/Apps/Settings... Just saved you about 2 hours of customizing and such hehe 🙂 image below

imageThe fix if data is missing. Select what's missing and run it again🙂 this time took 2 minutes to run btw.

• open samsung members app and press on register for One UI 4 beta. You should still see withdraw. Leave the app in background and look for your update 🙂 

Enjoy!!! Your data and information and settings is all there together with the new update 😄

Br,
Ralf

26 Replies
Lballs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Why in the he'll sould I have to do all of that!!!
RalfTech
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Fold
I know it's frustrating, but on the day Beta opened, we got a new non beta update. After updating the non beta version and then enrolling caused Incompatible firmware, this means either wait for the next update about 2weeks+ or do this method.
0 Likes
Lballs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the new update, I did a simple trick. The update updated. It's way easier then using ODIN that for sure!!!
0 Likes
AyKay
Star
Options
Galaxy Fold
What was the trick?
0 Likes
Miadhawk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Great writeup, unfortunate that we have to do this l, but rolling back the security update immediately gave me the OTA for the One UI 4.0 beta.
JohnBigo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
How I do this?
0 Likes
RalfTech
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Fold
Very happy I could help. Easy process. If I had to do it again probably 20 minutes of work besides backing up and restoring.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold
I would recommend that method
JohnBigo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Which method?