Original topic:

US unlocked Z fold 2 lack of dual sim

(Topic created on: 4/17/21 2:38 PM)
Elchamuquin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I feel so ripped off right now. This phone was not cheap and it was definitely marketed as a dual sim phone with one Esim and one physical sim. When I got it I called customer service and they said they were going to be pushing an update that would enable this feature. It's been close to a year and other regions/ countries have indeed gotten the update, but not the unlocked US version. Why would they do that? I have been a loyal customer for years and here I go purchasing one of the most expensive phones ever sold and it has limited capabilities compared to the same phone sold in other countries. How sad. I guess it may be time to change manufacturers. 
3 Replies
DSh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Every new upgrade removes some functionality and adds new bugs. I've been a loyal customer for years, but I seriously think of removing this company from my list. A few years ago a new watch furmware started killing battery and the watch got bricked. Before update the battery was holding for over 2.5 days, after - 4 hours ish. Same old watch was counting the floors... until the first update. Samsung fixed it by imposing a number of feet per floor and killed this feature. The recent upgrade of a new watch killed auto lock. Long time ago we had iR remote control in the top phones. It's gone. But in general all the devices are getting more and more expensive. It's all designed to get money from us, while providing worse service and more limited features version by version.

0 Likes
Elchamuquin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
So I posted on this board and also submitted a trouble ticket / error message for software issues with Samsung using this app. I got a message back telling me to call support, so I did. I was told by the customer service representative that they would be looking into this and calling me back the next day at 7 pm. Never heard from them. They really are just making me feel unappreciated. They were better off just ignoring me than telling me that they were going to contact me about it the next day when they had more information. Samsung has gotten so big that they forgot how important their customers really are. Just disappointed at this point.
user3a7F5gTKBK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I hear its more to do from the carrier (att,tmo,verizon etc) and not Samsung. Someone can clarify this would be helpful.

Try and reach out to them. Should be able to release a software update.

0 Likes