Original topic:

Ubreakifix samaung warranty repair

(Topic created: 11-18-2023 08:19 PM)
userb5XTxyWedX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Okay so I got my z fold 2 years ago. During the first year it literally sat for about 6 months cause I just didn't feel like switching my phone. But after 5 months of using it. The screen split down the middle of course it was out of the year warranty. So I get the phone fixed through asurion. I get the new phone and about a month or 2 after having it the inside screen protector started to bubble. So asurion told me that I can file a claim under the warranty section. So I did that and I took my phone up to ubreakifix their authorized site to fix phone. They told me they can't just replace the screen protector. They have to switch the hinge out to the updated version because the hinge is what causes the screen protector to start coming off because the hinge itself gets uneven and then stretches the screen protector off. So anyways they fixed it. I get the phone back. And before walking out I look the phone over and noticed at the bottom of the front display u can see the adhesive from underneath the screen coming out. It was a decent size too. Like I noticed the second I looked at the bottom of the screen... so I showed the guy and he said oh u can just scrap that off it's the adhesive. He did it himself and handed it back to me. The adhesive was still VERY NOTICEABLE. I then asked him if the adhesive is out like that doesn't that mean the screen isn't sitting flush. And the guy and everyone he had come out to talk to me about the repair tried to reassure me that it's not any gaps in the display or anything. So I left and I came back cause I just wasn't happy with that answer. When I came back in the dude was tryna make it seem like I was being picky and it was annoying me tbh cause idc if the screen was sealed tight I still see the adhesive and it wasn't like that before yall touched it. (And the guy tried to dang near lie and say they didn't take the front screen off. But they switched out the hinge AND bezel for the whole phone. It literally has the wrapper around the bezel still as I'm typing... anyways I'm basically trying to find out. Should the be a gap at the bottom of my front display? If someone could take a pic of the bottom of theirs so we can compare and contrast them I would highly appreciate it. They ended up taking it back and "re adjusting" it but I still see some adhesive. And tbh I see like a white section in between the gap. Also when I run paper at the bottom it almost goes under it. But when I run the paper on all the other edges it either doesn't go in or it gets wedged. Smh. But yeah some pics would be very helpful plz and thanks 🤟🏼
7 Replies
SeanSh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
When Samsung 837 store in nyc was closed during covid my Samsung care + was also asurion and they were sending me to Ubreaifix. I had many many issues with them. They did similar things to my phones. They are not really good at repairing and they also damaged 2 of my Note20 Ultra back in 2021 and they tried to lie and said I brought the phone like that(it was the back of the phone) and other one it was screen. They are horrible ! Since then I did Tmobile insurance. Now Samsung 837 store reopened in nyc so I'll go back to Care+ once I have the new S24Ultra. Sorry it's not the answer you requested but just had to throw it out there. They are using many times parts from India and not original Samsung parts!
userb5XTxyWedX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
We that's just unacceptable man. I'm calling asurion today and I'm telling them. I dang near just want a new phone atp. Cause if get any water under the screen they're gonna swear up and down its from my neglect ... also not to mention dirt and that's its gonna build up in the crevices I can imagine smh
SeanSh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Asurion is the worst. The will do anything to avoid sending replacement. Good luck bro
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold
@userb5XTxyWedX Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. I'm sorry to hear about your recent repair experience with Asurion. I'd recommend that you retain all documentation and correspondence with Asurion related to your repair.

I hope that they will repair your device. I'd also like to note that for further clarity. That Asurion is not owned by Samsung.

"Asurion, LLC is a privately held company based in Nashville, Tennessee, that provides insurance for smartphones, tablets, consumer electronics, appliances, satellite receivers and jewelry. In 2014, the company operated in 14 countries and had 49 offices with 19,000 employees serving 280 million consumers."

With that said I felt that it's important for consumers to distinguish the differences in the two very different company's.

Further in my opinion. Purchase Samsung Care + It's better to deal with one party. Samsung knows their business. Asurion isn't the best loved companies. I had Asurion back in 2004. Horrible experiences with them getting my Palm Treo 600 replaced.

I sincerely wish you the best outcome. I hope that Asurion will do right and fix it right. Thank you!
userb5XTxyWedX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Oh so I can ditch my insurance under my phone plan and purchase samsung care for accidental damage and all?
0 Likes
userb5XTxyWedX
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Btw my brother had a palm treo talk about old school lol
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold
Here your can learn more about Samsung Care, & Samsung Care+: