Original topic:

What app do you use to clean cache/temp files?

(Topic created: 12-30-2020 06:22 AM)
Cindernana
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey folders! Just a question what if any app do you use to clean cache/temp files.  I'm on Verizon and it tells me to Clean them but the way they have me do it takes so long,  so thought id ask you ...TIA

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
Simplepink
Comet
Options
This is how I clean ram/memory. Two ways. Hope it helps.

1) Settings > Device Care > Memory > tap "Clean now" button

2) Samsung Members App > Get Help Tab > Tap "Go to Phone care" button > Tap "Clean memory" in the Optimize section > Tap "Free up now" button
Al_P
Nebula
Options

Hi, I am also on Verizon and I think (?) the autoamated service that tells you to clean cache is talking about disk cache, whereas the clean memory option on the phone cleans up memory - not cache. I have not seen any way to clean disk cache based on the Verizon app other than to clean app by app based on the recommendations 😞

0 Likes
Simplepink
Comet
Options
You can wipe cache partition in recovery mode. that's the only other cache I know of.

Power off device then hold power button + volume up until you see the Samsung logo, release the buttons. You should then be in recovery mode. There is an option to wipe cache partition.
Cindernana
Galaxy
Options
thank you!
0 Likes
Simplepink
Comet
Options
You're welcome! 🙂
Cindernana
Galaxy
Options
Simple have you put a screen protector on the front yet? if so what did you go with?
0 Likes
Al_P
Nebula
Options

The front screen has a factory installed protector doesn't it?

0 Likes
Cindernana
Galaxy
Options
yes but it's getting icky looking lol so I want to change it
0 Likes