Original topic:

Why are these Devices Adding spaces after punctuation marks?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have notices in the past 7 or so years some folks using 
 punctuation marks incorrectly and my phone is no exception. For example, "Did you take the dog for a walk ? Max ran straight out of the window !" The punctuation marks in the previous two sentences were used incorrectly. "Did you take the dog out for a walk? Max jumped straight out the window!" In my writing l no matter if I am texting, writing and E-mail, writing a post for Facebook, I always punctuate right after the last word in my sentences as I do NOT add a space between the last word and punctuation mark; however, my phone will incorrectly corrects my punctuation. Why are these devices adding a space between the last word and the punctuation mark?

0 Likes
6 Replies
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Fold
What keyboard are you using? And are you swiping or taping each letter, using predictive text and/or autocorrect?

I've noticed that when I am swiping that it will always include a space between words and I don't have to add them myself, I just swipe each word.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
I forgot to add, I do not use the swip-to-type, although I have tried the swap, jut not for me. And, I have her settings for predictive and anto settings turned on.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Fold
Hmm. Very odd indeed.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
All was good with my Galaxy devices. I opened my auto ins app to check something, 5 mins later I received a text with a link. The text said, "Are you getting all the savings? Click here to learn more." Thinking the text message was from my auto ins, I clicked and it was at that point that my Galaxy devices started acting screwy. I blocked the number from all future communications followed by the factory resetting of all of my Galaxy devices. That reset fixed the issue.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
I do have auto correct and I use the Samsung keyboard. I've always had used the Samsung keyboard. This issue just recently started. I did a factory reset on my Z Fold3 and seems as though the punctuation issue.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, We understand keyboard settings can be frustrating. To prevent the keyboard from adding that extra space after the punctuation, try going to Settings> General Management> Samsung Keyboard Settings>More typing options. Tap on Auto Spacing and toggle the switch off.

0 Likes