JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will the Z Fold 2 receive the same app optimizations as the Z Fold 3?

(Topic created: 08-17-2021 02:56 PM)
Options
Galaxy Fold

When samsung annouced they will be working with app developers to optimize for z fold 3 at the unpacked event. Will the Z fold 2 5G get these same optimizations or just the 3? Thanks 

0 Likes
7 Replies
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm not sure, tbh I don't think samsung has said anything about it yet. I'm hopeful some of the large screen optimizations will also come to their tablets. They've been really good with updates lately so finger crossed!
Tangmu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

This is really key for the Fold.  Given the high price of the Fold, smaller developers won't be able to commit the time to customizing for a small number of customers, which is a shame.  I didn't get a Fold 2, so I'm curious to see how my favorite apps work when I get the 3.  One thing this will do is get more people using Samsung's apps, like calendar, because they'll optimize it for the Fold.  Did Google optimize any of their apps for the Fold 2?

Options
Galaxy Fold
They optimized the youtube app. Spotify is optimized and so is discord
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

Since 2018, Samsung has worked closely with the top app developers around the world to create fully optimized apps for the foldable form factor. As of August 2021, we are proud to share that nearly half of the top 100 apps are optimized for foldables. New apps include Disney+, YouTube, Whatsapp, Hulu, Spotify, Google Chrome, Gmail, and Microsoft teams, among others.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
Galaxy Fold
Will more apps be optmized? Like Facebook/Facebook messanger? Snapchat? all the other optimizations from z fold 3 will also come to Z fold 2 right?
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

We don't have a full list of which apps are optimized, but based on what I've gathered from our new launch team, I'm almost sure most of the top used apps will be optimized, but this is one of those things that we will have to wait to see first hand once the phone is released. I'm sure if Facebook and snap chat aren't a part of this already because of how popular they are they should follow suit.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
Galaxy Fold
The same optimizations will also come to fold 2 correct?
0 Likes