JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will the Z Fold 3 have expandable storage?

(Topic created: 03-05-2021 02:05 PM)
JustLissa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Lifelong Samsung user here and I always love the Note. Now, I purchased the Fold 2 and I absolutely love it. I see that the Fold 3 may have stylus, but will it have expandable memory?

7 Replies
Alibasbas
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
i have my galaxy note 12.2 and its still going i believe notes are better in terms of durability
0 Likes
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
Please tell me where you see info on this Fold 3. I can't wait to learn about this.

If your Fold 2 can work with a stylus, why not just get a case that will accommodate the stylus? What I would like you to address is if your stylus was attached to your phone, but the phone case encapsulates the phone so tightly that it impedes access to the stylus, would your preference of quick and easy access to the stylus not change, if it were then placed outside of the phone and unto the case?
0 Likes
chaks
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I don't believe Samsung will bring back expandable memory. S21 series lacking expandable memory is a clear sign to that.
0 Likes
The_Chief
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
The first time Samsung tried removing external storage was on the Galaxy Note 5. Sales were dismal. I will buy a phone that suits my needs, not a phone Samsung says I need. Particularly now, when One UI 3.0 requires that my Note 10+ camera save to internal storage to sync photos with OneDrive. Wrong answer, Samsung! I have a 1 TB microSD card for all the files I want to keep with me. I paid for my phone, and I pay for my OneDrive storage. Just keep telling me how I will use both to suit you, Samsung... I don't need the S Pen that badly.
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold
ZTE AXON 20 5G's specification states that it has an expanding micro SD memory that is up to 2 Terrabites capacity. 2Tb capacity sounds phenomenal, but for all the Samsung fans that are clamoring for expandable memory, you would think this kind of competition would be met, if not exeeded.
0 Likes
Tazm0n
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I wouldn't count on expandable memory since they didn't add it to the S21 line. I think it's going the way of the removable battery and I'm ok with that. between huge internal capacity and cloud backups I haven't need the SD card since my NOTE 9 and I had the S10+, Note 10+, S20Ultra and have a Note 20Ultra, Z Fold 2 and S21 Ultra. my Note20U has 512gb with only 30% full and my ZFold2 and S21U are 256gb with only 40% full. I take a tone of pics and quite a few videos at 4k60. plus being an app junkie.... for the cost of a decent SD card you could upgrade to the next higher internal capaciry and have faster memory that doesn't need any management... just my $.02
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

We appreciate your question. We can’t speculate on unreleased products or specs. However, stay tuned to our page here, or Samsung.com/us, for more information about upcoming products, releases, and news. Thanks for being a loyal Samsung fan!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context