JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Work Profile App Crashing Task Bar

(Topic created: 09-08-2022 12:29 PM)
usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Have anyone noticed experienced issues where launching the work profile app from the task bar on the recent app section crashes One UI? When selecting any other app that is installed on my phone, it works fine but when I try to launch an app that is only accessible when work profile is enabled, then the entire UI crashes.

Just to be specific, I am referring to the below boxed area. The work profile app causes the ui to crash only if I attempt to launch it from the boxed area.

usergy4pedURnL_1-1662559636785.png

11 Replies
progamer1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Does rebooting work? If not, then try resetting the YouTube app to factory version.
Unfortunately, you can't do anything about that last one, since that is an app that actually matters to the system.
0 Likes
usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thanks for the response. Just to clarify, the screenshot above is something I pulled from online to point out the "recent app" section on the taskbar. I was not able to take a screenshot of my fold 4 task bar with the work profile app so I had to make do with whatever image I could find online. I tried restarting the phone and also tried restarting work apps but the behavior is replicable. 

As mentioned earlier, if I tried to select any apps that were not part of the work profile, then the crashing behavior does not occur. It only occurs when I am selecting apps that are only accessible when my work profile is enabled.

0 Likes
progamer1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Does it have to do with any files?
0 Likes
usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Based on what I can tell, no. It is happening for all work profile apps.
0 Likes
progamer1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
That means you have to make it available to not just the work profile.
0 Likes
userIi0C6HcEUi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark with this guess but are your work profile apps, or at least the ones you're testing with, apps that you don't have also installed in your main profile?
0 Likes
usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Few of them are not installed on my main profile. Zoom and teams are example. However, I do have the Microsoft office apps installed on both profile.
0 Likes
Solution
userIi0C6HcEUi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
The taskbar recent apps cannot distinguish between work apps and main profile apps. If you try to open a work app from there, it tries to open the main app and crashes when it doesn't exist. Yet another bug that didn't exist with the edge panel.
usergy4pedURnL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
I can confirm that the issue only occur on apps that exist on the work profile. Doesn't happen for the Microsoft apps that are available on both profile.

While your response is not a solution, going to accept your answer to confirm the existence of the bug.
0 Likes