cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

YouTube resolution transition

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I don't know why this is still a problem but it has been now on both the Galaxy fold and the z fold 2. Depending on how YouTube was opened the resolution might be capped at 720P on the large screen period clearly this has something to do with the display screen but you think this would be something they would have figured out by the second generation of phone. The only way to correct the issue is to either close the application entirely or do a force stop and open it in the main display. I feel like you shouldn't have to do that to get full resolution.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: YouTube resolution transition

JUMP TO SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

True ,hopefully an update will fix it, on the bright side at least there's a work around

to get it working on the main screen .

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yeah but to be honest I don't have much confidence considering they never fixed it on the first one period for all I know this could be something on the YouTube side but I honestly don't know
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On reddit they're saying the youtube app needs to be updated , and that should fix it.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: YouTube resolution transition

JUMP TO SOLUTION
thanks for all the replies!
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
yeah this definitely works. it seems like it works because it basically takes the phone off tablet mode and turns it into almost like a desktop
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good to know it worked for you, enjoy.

PSL Seems Samsung reps on this forum rarely answer any questions . I find helpful 

posts on reddit then try to help people here, because Samsung doesn't seem to care about their own forum.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Good to know! I will definitely keep that in mind. Thanks again!