JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Fold 2 Inside Screen Protector bubbling

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 1:41 AM)
BicycleRay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have had my Z Fold 2 since launch date and recently the inside screen protector is starting bubble at the crease.  I am able to remove the bubbles with my finger tips but the bubbles will come back.  Seems to happen not just from unfolding the phone but from leaving the phone folded up for a long time like over night and in the morning the bubbles apear.  Anyone else having this issue?
24 Replies
Jrad2k9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
have had this issue happen twice with me. I think it has something to do with the temperature. I'll go to bed with a perfectly fine phone. but if the outside temperature changes like from a hot day to cool day. I've noticed that bubbles reappear and the dissappear later in day
useroxXtl5fQ7r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Same with mine, on the bottom of the device.  Temps outside are around 100f and 97f inside

user5NTiVIPPc9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Same issue. Quite a few fairly large bubbles appeared after a fairly hot day. Taking phone to Samsung tomorrow to remove screen saver. 

0 Likes
useri0kBYT0OVh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I just noticed two small bubbles in the upper right corner. don't know if there temperature related, although I will say last night was the first the heat came on in the house overnight. I'll probably just live with it unless they get worse before I take it too at&t. I'm concerned they don't have enough experience with this phone
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

For concerns with your Z Fold 2, please contact our Premier Services team by calling 1-888-970-3653 or visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/support/galaxy-z-premier-service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userTzU4mROSKf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have exactly the same issue and am booked into the Samsung store here in the UK this morning for them to resolve it.

0 Likes
user3RKkedPt07
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

solution doesnt work if you live in a state without a service center like Hawaii.  Need to pay $20 and ship your phone to texas for repair and be out of phone for 2 weeks or more.  Will need to do this everytime your screen protector fails and bubbles.  Voids warranty to remove so need to live with bubbles or send in phone every 2-3 months to maintain bubble free screen.  Service in Hawaii is very bad.  Buyer beware.  I feel like breaking my phone and just using care plus to replace so im not out of a phone.  Hope to get a phone call back from Samsung with good news that they will do the right thing and send me a new replacement phone.  I hear the newest screen protectors don't have this problem (based on phone rep who assured me this wont happen on a new one)

0 Likes
user3RKkedPt07
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Not a solution for Hawaii.  See my other replys.  Best solution.  Pay $11.99 a month and get care +.  

They will ship you free a replacement refurbished phone with screen protector and let you send the bubbly one back.  They confirmed unlimited replacements because phone is deffective and not done by me.  I was told everytime it starts to bubble call them and they will replace it for free as long as im a care+ member.

Guess this is the new wasteful world we live in with $2k defective products which need replacing every 2-3 months.

Shame on you Samsung.

0 Likes
SeVill71
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
For a 2 thousand dollar phone, that is ridiculous. I have had mine for almost 3 months and the bubbling is a daily issue. Not going to pay to get phone replaced every quarter. Samsung needs to solve the issue and activate a recall.
0 Likes