JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Fold 2 Inside Screen Protector bubbling

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 9:12 AM)
BicycleRay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have had my Z Fold 2 since launch date and recently the inside screen protector is starting bubble at the crease.  I am able to remove the bubbles with my finger tips but the bubbles will come back.  Seems to happen not just from unfolding the phone but from leaving the phone folded up for a long time like over night and in the morning the bubbles apear.  Anyone else having this issue?
Members_jfvpn1p
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have had my Z fold 2 since launch and this morning I had a line of bubbles running straight up the fold, I tried to work them out to no avail. I called a local place that does Samsung repairs per the Samsung site and they said they don’t have any replacement screens protectors for the fold 2 and they said they never got any form Samsung for the original fold. I was told to reach out to Samsung directly for a screen protector replacement. 

0 Likes
userCVce0Pmuqw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm having the same issue. After using the phone for video chat in flex mood for about 10 mins and then completely opening the phone. The phone developed a air bubble about 2 inches long along the crease of the phone. tried smoothing it out but the bubble spread into smaller bubbles. closed the phone and thought using the outer screen and after charging the phone would get hot enough to remove the bubbles. once opening the phone again some bubbles still remain. I don't want to void my warranty by removing the screen protector. whats samsungs response to fixing this short of having to send the phone in forna replacement screen protector as I traded in my galaxy s20+ for this phone and have no back up phone.
SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Fold

For concerns with your Z Fold 2, I would recommend contacting our Premier Services team by calling 1-888-970-3653 or visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/support/galaxy-z-premier-service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
chdotoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I am having lots of bubbles as well. However, there is no email option and zero available time slots for the call back. I can't even imagine how premier the service would be. Did anyone get Samsung's solution?
0 Likes
userZt6Qy7utEi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Does removing the screen protector really void your warranty? I get mixed messages.
0 Likes
Jay64
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Just an FYI that I reached out to Samsung to inquire how to get my bubbling screen protector replaced and was told to bring it to a Samsung Experience store, but there were none within 500 miles of my location. Was then told I could take it to one of Samsung's authorized repair centers, ubreakifix, who told me they could not replace the protector. Confused about the lack of service and mixed messages I've gotten for this $2,000 phone!
uservJprbRpISl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
yup I'm having the same issues. I got bubbles at the bottom of the crease. I was freaked out for a second.
0 Likes
userLdMWrvSNXk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Same issue here. Samsung Pre. rep explained that these screen protectors are on back order. I called one of the walk-in locations and Rep called another. Both are out of stock on screen protector and one mentioned that he is waiting on a UV device from Samsung which allows them to install screen protector. 

Option 2 is to send in phone into service for a minimum of 3 days. Cannot be without a phone... waiting on a callback. 

0 Likes
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold

Has anyone on this thread had a resolution. I now have bubbling along the crease but If Samsung will just replace the protector with the same thing it will just start bubbling again so what is the point?

0 Likes
user3RKkedPt07
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

if you purchased samsung care + they will replace phone with refurbished one for no charge and advance mail you the device with cc hold.  They will do this unlimited amount of times without deductable.

0 Likes