cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Z Fold 2 Inside Screen Protector bubbling

I have had my Z Fold 2 since launch date and recently the inside screen protector is starting bubble at the crease.  I am able to remove the bubbles with my finger tips but the bubbles will come back.  Seems to happen not just from unfolding the phone but from leaving the phone folded up for a long time like over night and in the morning the bubbles apear.  Anyone else having this issue?
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Z Fold 2 Inside Screen Protector bubbling

have had this issue happen twice with me. I think it has something to do with the temperature. I'll go to bed with a perfectly fine phone. but if the outside temperature changes like from a hot day to cool day. I've noticed that bubbles reappear and the dissappear later in day
Highlighted
Constellation

Same with mine, on the bottom of the device.  Temps outside are around 100f and 97f inside

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issue. Quite a few fairly large bubbles appeared after a fairly hot day. Taking phone to Samsung tomorrow to remove screen saver. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just noticed two small bubbles in the upper right corner. don't know if there temperature related, although I will say last night was the first the heat came on in the house overnight. I'll probably just live with it unless they get worse before I take it too at&t. I'm concerned they don't have enough experience with this phone
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For concerns with your Z Fold 2, please contact our Premier Services team by calling 1-888-970-3653 or visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/support/galaxy-z-premier-service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have had my Z fold 2 since launch and this morning I had a line of bubbles running straight up the fold, I tried to work them out to no avail. I called a local place that does Samsung repairs per the Samsung site and they said they don’t have any replacement screens protectors for the fold 2 and they said they never got any form Samsung for the original fold. I was told to reach out to Samsung directly for a screen protector replacement. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. After using the phone for video chat in flex mood for about 10 mins and then completely opening the phone. The phone developed a air bubble about 2 inches long along the crease of the phone. tried smoothing it out but the bubble spread into smaller bubbles. closed the phone and thought using the outer screen and after charging the phone would get hot enough to remove the bubbles. once opening the phone again some bubbles still remain. I don't want to void my warranty by removing the screen protector. whats samsungs response to fixing this short of having to send the phone in forna replacement screen protector as I traded in my galaxy s20+ for this phone and have no back up phone.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For concerns with your Z Fold 2, I would recommend contacting our Premier Services team by calling 1-888-970-3653 or visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/support/galaxy-z-premier-service/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Z Fold 2 Inside Screen Protector bubbling

I am having lots of bubbles as well. However, there is no email option and zero available time slots for the call back. I can't even imagine how premier the service would be. Did anyone get Samsung's solution?