JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Fold 2 Inside Screen Protector bubbling

(Topic created on: 10/15/20 9:50 AM)
BicycleRay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have had my Z Fold 2 since launch date and recently the inside screen protector is starting bubble at the crease.  I am able to remove the bubbles with my finger tips but the bubbles will come back.  Seems to happen not just from unfolding the phone but from leaving the phone folded up for a long time like over night and in the morning the bubbles apear.  Anyone else having this issue?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
24 Replies
user3RKkedPt07
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

This option does not work for Hawaii residents.  Need to pay $20 to ship to service center in Texas and be out of your phone for 2 weeks because of a defective screen protector.  Z fold premium care is worthless for Hawaii residents.  Be aware this solution does not work for Hawaii residents.  I'm waiting for a phone call back from support to see if they will send me a new one and ship this one back so im not out of a phone.  Check where your nearest service center is before buying your $2k phone.  Screen protector will have problems in 2-3 months of use and can't be remove without voiding warranty and Samsung will send you to a repair center for removal and replacement.  I don't know why Samsung keeps selling products that break so fast and requires your help and money to fix a problem they created.  NO INTEGRITY.  I am switiching all my Samsung products to another brand when they break.  Samsung quality isn't good.

0 Likes
Jay64
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I finally had to remove my bubbling protector and without a viable replacement, the plastic screen underneath started to get micro scratches, no matter how careful I was. Finally gave up on this disaster and traded in the phone for Note 20 Ultra (as you can imagine, at a huge financial loss). Terrible experience for me, just chalking it up to a phone that was not quite ready for prime time.
0 Likes
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Fold

FWIW I have had my phone since late November. Up until 2 days ago I only used it fully opened or fully closed. But 2 days ago I was using it for a duo call and wanted to stand it up so I set it on the table slightly closed so it woud stand. Within 5 minutes the screen protector started peeling away from the crease in the middle of the phone. After the call I tried to rub it back into place and ended up with 2 bubbles along the crease. But as of right now the bubbles are both gone. So it seems like keeping the phone fully opened or fully closed may help with the bubbling (?). Of course that eliminates one of the useful things about the phone.

0 Likes
user9AcXu1e7Rx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Yea my z fold 2 is starting to do that as well and I’m not sure what to do because I’m not touching it to replace it and I don’t want someone else to mess it up either 

0 Likes
useri0kBYT0OVh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
yes I have had it with my phone too. it's an inherent problem of screen protectors and particularly one that has to fold constantly. I just use a dry cloth and rub it to push the bubble down. I don't know that I would use my fingertip cuz you don't want to put too much pressure on the damage the screen. hopefully the z-fold 3 won't need this thing on it.
0 Likes