Original topic:

Z Fold 3 Dead Pixels - Terrible Customer Service

(Topic created: 11-24-2021 05:31 PM)
Samsung_kghEG9G
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I recently purchased a Z Fold 3. I have owned about 10 galaxy phones over the last 10 years and I have had mostly positive reviews.

The first thing I noticed was that the phone runs very hot. 

I woke up one morning to discover that there were dead pixels in the center of my screen. A quick Google search and forum check showed that a lot of people were having the same issue. 

I contacted Samsung to make a warranty claim as I had only owned the phone for a few weeks. They referred me to a local 3rd party shop for the repair. The shop declined to do the repair because they were afraid that Samsung would not reimburse them. Red flag!

I ended up having to mail the phone to Samsung directly. They do not provide a back up phone of any type, and they do not have an agreement with phone carriers to provide you a phone.

Lo and behold, Samsung says the damage is out of warranty and that I must have damaged the phone and caused the dead pixels myself. I did not. The phone was in a case and I did not drop it in the few short weeks I owned it. If I want the repair done it will be $600.

I owned the first Z Flip model and had the same issue. Samsung repaired the phone on that occasion but I guess they have since changed their policy. Probably because they were eating too much repair costs. 

So now I have a brand new $1800 phone with dead pixels on the screen and Samsung wants me to pay $600 to fix it.

I've had so many Samsung phones and convinced so many frustrated Apple users to switch to Samsung. I'm here to tell you Samsung that I'm done with you. I'm a tech leader at my workplace and I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure we all switch back!

Treat your customers better. 

1 Reply
users0hWkcnCGt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Did you close your phone by pushing on the screen with your thumb or do you close pushing down on the bottom rim of the phone. Either way this shouldn't happen
0 Likes