Original topic:

Z Fold 3: Different notification sounds for different apps?

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 04:45 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold

I've been playing with my new Z Fold 3 for a couple of weeks now and I have not been able to figure out how to assign different notification sounds for different apps.  I do know how to change the default notification sound but the phone appears to use that sound for all app notifications.  I want to choose one sound for text messages, a different sound for calendar reminders, etc.  I upgraded from a Galaxy S9 and it is easy to do on that phone.  Perhaps it's the Android 11 operating system?  There are quite a few articles and videos that claim to show how to do this but most have different menu screens than the Z Fold 3.  I imagine I  could download 3rd parts apps to do this but I would prefer to choose from stock sound offerings.  HELP! 

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold

Test reply to verify I'm receiving responses.

0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Fold
Check out this post. If your settings are different can you please provide a screenshot.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Notification-sound-covers-all-WHAT/td-...
0 Likes
userhwCFN5HV4j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
It's now bundled in the notification settings for each app. There will be a sound option for each notification. This was changed in Android 10 I think.
0 Likes
Txo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Settings, apps, message, general notifications and touch sound... choices will come up. It looks like your option is to only touch to toggle off or on but it's not
0 Likes
Totemg2000
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

There is no "general notifications" in "messages".

0 Likes
Txo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Settings, apps, messages, notifications, general notifications, sound.
0 Likes
ReddFoxxx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
So are there options to change this for other apps? This only works to change message sound notifications.
0 Likes
karebear3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Looks like it 😞
0 Likes