Original topic:

Z Fold 3: Different notification sounds for different apps?

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 04:19 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Fold

I've been playing with my new Z Fold 3 for a couple of weeks now and I have not been able to figure out how to assign different notification sounds for different apps.  I do know how to change the default notification sound but the phone appears to use that sound for all app notifications.  I want to choose one sound for text messages, a different sound for calendar reminders, etc.  I upgraded from a Galaxy S9 and it is easy to do on that phone.  Perhaps it's the Android 11 operating system?  There are quite a few articles and videos that claim to show how to do this but most have different menu screens than the Z Fold 3.  I imagine I  could download 3rd parts apps to do this but I would prefer to choose from stock sound offerings.  HELP! 

11 Replies
DashingDi
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold
You can use different notification sounds for different apps. But not all apps allows that. Unfortunately I can't upload screen recording here but I will explain,I don't have option to change notification sound for Amazon app buy I changed it for Ebay. To try this go to settings -> Apps-> Open app you want to change sound-> Notifications-> Notifications Category -> General Notification-> Sound
0 Likes
userZMunCNiE6n
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

yah, unfortunately they haven't offered the option for different sounds, on the apps we want it most for...like text vs email....that SHOULD be allowed to sound different, especially since I'd gotten so accustomed to notification lights and differing sounds on my last phone...

It was offered 9 years ago, it shouldn't be something taken away >_<

0 Likes