Original topic:

Z Fold 3 Inner LCD Issue + 1 Star Samsung Warranty Service

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 09:35 PM)
Members_QweZeXS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

I got my Z Fold 3 08/25, and the inner display had issue 09/26.  When I opened my phone that morning, found a very thin black line located exactly at display folding hinge location, and right half display was not responsive.  does anyone have the same issue?

Since I was on a business trip in another country, and the phone still worked, so I decided to send the phone to Samsung after I came back from the trip. During the rest of my strip, I still kept using the phone until the the black line evolved to be irregular black band, grew to the size of 2/3 of the display.

After I came back home, I sent the phone to Samsung for warranty service. A few days later (last Saturday), they called me and left a message saying I need to pay $520 for the repair because the phone was in out of warranty condition. I have called them 10+ times today trying to get connected to  repair service people, there was only one time I successfully talked to them; they were convinced that the phone should be covered by manufacturer warranty. The lady I talked to told me they couldn't make the decision for removing the fee, and they had to escalate it to their management; then the Lady said she was going to connect to their management, and put me on hold. After ~20mins waiting,  my call was disconnected. In another call, I was put on hold for 1hr (1hr 3mins),  and I hung up after that.  Did you guys have the similar experience with Samsung  Customer Service /Warranty?

I'll still try to contact them tomorrow, but don't have the confidence that I will be able to talk to right person.

0 Likes
8 Replies
emanuelrv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
chat with technical support in chat web page
0 Likes
Members_QweZeXS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

thanks for the offer, but the link you provided was for Z Flip not for Z Fold

0 Likes
Members_QweZeXS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

Update:

I was so lucky today, I was able to connected to the right person for the 3rd calls.

However, I was not able to get my phone repaired under warranty, but they did give me 50% discount

Corn808
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
So how much was it ?
0 Likes
Miner85
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Having the same experience with the warranty service, wife's phone has what is called a death pixel right in the bend of the screen
0 Likes
kalbasit
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Why was your phone out of warranty? Did you change anything with the inner display, like removing the plastic film?
0 Likes
AG6
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Curious how a newer phone is out of warranty and did you have the Samsung care+!
0 Likes