Original topic:

Z Fold 3 Shutter/Camera Lag

(Topic created: 09-07-2021 12:03 PM)
Crazyro
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Is anyone else experiencing shutter lag? I love this phone but the camera is driving me crazy. I noticed it the first day I've had it; have done research; tried all kinds of things. Nothing has helped. I know the S21 suffered from something similar so hoping Samsung will send a software update to take care of it. Basically, when I hit the shutter at a specific spot in a moving car, for example, the camera acts as if it takes the pic at that spot, when I quickly look at the preview/view the photo, the car is at the place where I hit the shutter, but then it jumps a few frames ahead and phone saves that version. I even have a video of it doing it. I have missed some opportunities because of it. Anyone else? Any fixes? Much appreciated.

Here's a PS'd example:

lag.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@Crazyro If you want to capture a moving object like that you should use the Pro mode in the camera. And adjust the shutter speed appropriately for the speed of the object. 

0 Likes
Crazyro
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

Yes, that could work, but this shouldn't be an issue with the regular camera. I've never experienced this problem before on any of my Samsung devices (or Apple). It's almost like it starts shooting at one spot, then takes several frames, and saves the last one after the shutter was released...

0 Likes