Original topic:

Z Fold 3 popping noise when opening

(Topic created: 08-31-2021 09:09 PM)
TFS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
When I open my Z fold 3, it makes a popping noise. Upon listening closely to it, it almost sounds like a spring is being stuck and then being released. Anyone else have this issue? 

No its not the sounds from the speakers. The phone makes the same noises when it's shut off as well 
edmeds2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Are you on silent mode? Because mine did the same until I realized I had my system volume up and it's the sound it makes when you open or close your device. It really freaked me out lol
0 Likes
Totemg2000
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

Yes! I experience the same noise. It feels like the screen is going to get burned each time you turn it on. I've got scared in the first days but I've got used to it and now I am glad to hear I am not alone. I still hope this is something normal and it is not a problem with our few devices.

0 Likes
edmeds2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Try turning all volume settings down and see if it stops. That's how you'll know if it's a hardware issue or just the software settings.

Or you can just search for locking sounds on the settings app
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Fold

lol yall talking about the little 'click' and the 'ca-lick' sound during open and close?

if so, it's normal... you can just turn off the interactive sound off and it should go away if it bothers you.

0 Likes
MikeWhy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
To clarify, this noise is not coming from the speakers. It is still present even when the device is full turned off.
TFS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yeah its happening to mine too. Not from the speakers
0 Likes
EzraV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold

I am also experiencing this popping sound. Definitely caught me by surprise as my Fold 2 never made a sound when unfolding and opening. The popping sound my Fold 3 is making is coming from the same area you described.

0 Likes
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Z Flip3 Grn. So when looking at the phone screen, what is the right hinge area of the screen is the issue area for me. About a 1 square inch area just below the hinge there is a popping sound and tactile difference when touched. Either screen is loose from something or the factory screen protector but it doesn't look like the latter to me. Hoping this doesn't spread.
0 Likes
Jaystarrockzz
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have the same device have not experienced this issue. Are you opening the phone too far back or very fast?
0 Likes
ZipperChef
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Oh no, I've been very careful. Had a case before I had the phone. It's nothing visible either, like there's no bubble. It's just an audible click and a feel. I notice as it's not present anywhere else but that one sq in area.
0 Likes